1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

People not being able to connect

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Flak, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

If people do not have jailbreak installed, they are unable to connect to my european server. I set it up exactly the same way as the US server, maybe I'm missing something? I'm running the updated version.

2. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Did you follow the instructions on the JDN so unpatched clients can connect?

3. Flak

No, and I just looked again, and read through the developer journal and I don't see anything. Could you please point me in the right direction? This is not only unpatched people, this is people who don't have JB installed. The only difference between my 2 servers is one is linux and one is windows. (that I can see anyway)

Sorry for being so blind and or stupid, but I just can't find it.

4. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

5. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

I'm not sure whether I understand what you're doing. Downloading several megabytes of Jailbreak content from your game server when joining it is probably not a good idea anway; if people want to play Jailbreak online, it'd be far better if they just downloaded and installed the whole mod locally to start with.

That is, unless you are talking about a server which is not running Jailbreak (but Deathmatch or Onslaught or whatever else) and you're saying that people cannot connect to that server without being required to download Jailbreak content from your server first.

If that's the problem, just remove the Jailbreak-related ServerPackages entries from your UT2004.ini.

6. Flak

People join the US server no problem who don't have JB installed, of course they have a long download but they don't have trouble connecting.

I also run the same type of map vote server in europe, with several Sniper arena gametypes, DM, TDM and ONS and it's busy most of the day. I don't know 90% of the people who come to the server.
    http://www.nbsnipers.com/eurostats/index.php?stats=players

I think that's a few too many people to notify to install JB. ;) I guess we just won't be putting it on that server :( Thanks anyway.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  7. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Is this a bug?
    It seems like sub-optimal behaviour that if I want to run a server that plays JB on Tuesdays and DDOM on Fridays, I have to change the INI file in between. :(

8. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Nope that's not a bug, it's a limitation of UT in general ...

9. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

You should be able to host just fine without those ServerPackages. The packages required by a map and by the gametype are automatically added to the package map IIRC and the add-ons are specially designed to do that as well.