1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PC Port of Ghost Recon 2 Canned

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by W0RF, Apr 12, 2005.

1. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

According to a news release from Tom Clancy game-making juggernaut Ubisoft, the PC port of Ghost Recon 2, originally scheduled for a June release, has been cancelled. Ubi cites the upcoming release of Ghost Recon 3, due late 2005, and their reluctance to disappoint gamers with a less-than-idea release when so many resources are being devoted to the new title.

Props to Gamespot.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  2. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Road Warrior

They already ruined the franchise by making it a generic 3rd person shooter.

3. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

It just keep getting worse and worse.
    I liked Rainbow 6; Rogue Spear (R6:2) and Ghost Recon a lot; played it a lot with my friends
    Ravenshield (R6:3) wasn't really much of an improvement, but still fun to play. Only played the first Splinter Cell, the next release or add-on or whatever it was, was just more of the same.
    And now GR2 cancelled for the PC, come on... the Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon are the best tactical shooter games out there, you simply can't play a game like this on a console (unles you use a keyboard and mouse).

4. Deapblade

Deapblade New Member

Pandora Tomorrow was indeed. Chaos Theory is a whole lot better though.

5. BlackDragon323

BlackDragon323 Free Citizen of the World

No loss.

I can't stand military shooters. And there's too many of them and they're all the same anyways.
    :D

Unreal Tournament for evah!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  6. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Gheee ... at least someone with half a brain figured that trying to build 2 sequels at once and release them in the same year was a 'bad' idea. One really has to wonder what kind of genius decided to even start GR3 for the pc if GR2 hadn't been completed.

7. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Agreed! :flak:

8. Juguard

Juguard The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!

WTF. This sucks. And Ghost Recon 3 already? No one develops games that will last anymore. They want your money every year.

So what, your going to buy Ghost Recon 3, and in Winter of 2006, Ubisoft releases Ghost Recon 4? ... lame.

9. mackey

mackey Cometh the apocalypse.

Have to agree with you there.

I am a Rainbow 6 fan and am pretty concerned about whats going on with R6 Four. Xbox version is out I think, but no news, screenies, videos, nothing about the pc version execpt it's release date of June-ish. Anyway, I aint expecting much after seeing the xbox version. They said they were virtually making a totally different game for the PC, I sure hope so.

10. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

oh well. I think a lot of the Tom Clancy games are going down the crapper anyway, I mean apparently GR2 sucked. Back in the day Tom Clancy just meant it was a decent tactical shooter. Nowadays Tom Clancy is a way to fool a lot of ignorant morons into buying something.

gg ubisoft for destroying tom clancy's name.

11. SiN-BiN

SiN-BiN New Member

the Splinter Cells are still good.

12. Reactionary

Reactionary New Member

I really miss Rainbow Six, but I find the Xbox versions unplayable after experiencing them on PC. They arent made for Xbox! They are supposed to be for PC!
    The one thing I miss the most is the ability to shoot through doors and kill people on the other side. That was tops.

13. {RA}SKYFURNACE

{RA}SKYFURNACE Game Mapper & Press

Great News! I dont like the word "port".

lets just hope pariah isnt a "port". last i heard from someone who played it said it had a "console" feel, not sure if they were playing the xbox dev version or the PC.

14. SiN-BiN

SiN-BiN New Member

Thats still there in Raven Shield, although u cannot shoot through the metal doors

15. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I'd count on that, since Ubisoft already announced Silent Hunter 4 for next year even though SH3 is barely released (and not even close to bugfree after 2 patches).

And I'm pretty sure the next Splintercell is in development already as well, because that series has proven to be a reliable cash-cow. It even is showing the same mistakes of the Tombraider-series (...)