[PC] Bulletstorm Tweak thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
OPENING INI FILES: Bulletstorm uses heavy encryption on pretty much everything in the game, more so apparent, the INI files. Do note that the developer encrypted these files for some blatant reasons. Google for bulletstorm ini editor. Use at your own risk and wisely.

Change your Field of View
Location: MyGames/Bulletstorm/StormGame/Config/StormCamera.ini
Line: DefaultCameraFOV=###

Remove mouse smoothing
Location: MyGames/Bulletstorm/StormGame/Config/StormInput.ini
Line: bEnableMouseSmoothing=false

Physx & GFWL issue fix
Info: Delete or rename old Physx dll. If unsure about this, keep backup.

16bit colors and GFX errors fix

The "divisible by 8" resolution issue fix

"DLC?" unlocks
  • MyGames/Bulletstorm/StormGame/Config/StormPawn.ini
  • MyGames/Bulletstorm/StormGame/Config/StormPawnBS.ini
Lines:
  • bXboxPMCUnlocked=true (elite gun skin)
  • bPCPMCUnlocked=true (covert gun skin)
  • bPS3PMCUnlocked=true (stealth gun skin)
  • bXboxBootsUnlocked=true (elite boots)
  • bPCBootsUnlocked=true (covert boots)
  • bPS3BootsUnlocked=true (stealth boots)
  • bLeash0Unlocked=true
  • bLeash1Unlocked=true
  • bLeash2Unlocked=true
  • bLeash3Unlocked=true
  • bLeash4Unlocked=true
  • bLeash5Unlocked=true
  • bLeash6Unlocked=true
  • bLeash7Unlocked=true
  • bLeash8Unlocked=true
  • bLeash9Unlocked=true
  • bLeash10Unlocked=true
  • bXboxCharSkinUnlocked=true (elite skin)
  • bPCCharSkinUnlocked=true (covert skin)
  • bPS3CharSkinUnlocked=true (stealth skin)

Better splash
Better splash (convert to BMP then replace with \StormGame\Splash\PC\Splash.bmp)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Actually I'm wondering if that will fix my issue with Viva Pinata too. The GFWL overlay wasn't working in that game.

Anyway.
You should add the screen resolution thing to the list as well (or, the link to the thread anyway... that's a lot of text); it could give people a surprising boost.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Low poly "brown" characters when you get close to them (They look fine from far):
Download the .ini in this thread (Follow the instructions from the guy), then you can lower everything but World Detail if the game is too demanding in performance. Don't touch World Detail or it will do it again.
This also fixes the blue fog on the main menu bug. I do not think it fixes the divisible by 8 resolution bug, but it might. Anyways I had that but with High World Detail I can't play in 1680x1050 so it doesn't matter.