pb with abbey skin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
hi
I have some pb with abbey skin for UT (ver 436 )..I take this

the Abbey Model
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=models&action=show_infos&id=31

Sun Bunnies
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=1362

Abbey Nude
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=160

Spiderwoman
http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=345

when I use on my PC , no pb , I can see all without pb but IF I host game for LAN , other pc see a same abbey with same clothes ( exept color of course) as this http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/sections/show_model.php?id=31
but when I die , I can see skin die

I put this line on unrealtournement.ini
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=6Abbey.u
ServerPackages=6Abbey
ServerPackages=Abbeyskins_nude
ServerPackages=Abbey_spid
ServerPackages=Abbeyskins_SunBunnies
ServerPackages=Abbeyskins

some one can help me
Sorry for my bad englis , I m french
thx for ur answer

Last edited:

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
SaD said:
Welcome jdn . :)

Have you tried to install the Abbeyskins on all PC´s in your LAN ?

yes .. all pc on lan are the same files and nothing with skin... I tried to host ut by another pc and on my PC NO abbey skin
are u another soluce ?
thx for ur answer

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
klasnic said:
I'm not sure jdn but should you have a reference to a .int file there under server packages? Dunno' if that's any help to you :)

ok I try to replace manifest.ini and manifest.int by abbey file ( manifest ini and int )
thx for ur answer

I m testing with int and ini file and nothing... always the same pb
another ideas ?

Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Are there many skins and models on the other PC´s installed ?
I can remember there is a limit .If you are installing more than 32 the newest ones can´t be seen .

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
SaD said:
Are there many skins and models on the other PC´s installed ?
I can remember there is a limit .If you are installing more than 32 the newest ones can´t be seen .

I have a lot skin installed but only 30 in the unrealtournement.ini and abbey skin are on first line

ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=BDBMapVote304
ServerPackages=6Abbey.u
ServerPackages=Abbeyskins_nude
ServerPackages=Abbey_spid

any ideas ?

I tried with only 10 skins but abbey skins are not spiderwomane et not abbey nude ... this 2 skin are with same clothes

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Are all the pcs using the same version of UT (patched to same version)? Just a thought

[EDIT] ServerPackages=6Abbey.u

Are you sure the .u should be in that line also? Maybe try it without the .u ?

Last edited:

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
klasnic said:
Are all the pcs using the same version of UT (patched to same version)? Just a thought

[EDIT] ServerPackages=6Abbey.u

Are you sure the .u should be in that line also? Maybe try it without the .u ?

i tested with
ServerPackages=6Abbey.u
and
ServerPackages=6Abbey

( only one of this line of course)
but no result

thx for ur answer

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Funny, this is what the readme states:

ServerPackages=6Abbey
ServerPackages=AbbeySkins

You don't have to include 6abbey.u
Only 6abbey.
I've used this model on my server online, and it worked fine. Just followed the instructions of the readme; Ut was patched to 436.

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
NeoNite said:
Funny, this is what the readme states:

ServerPackages=6Abbey
ServerPackages=AbbeySkins

You don't have to include 6abbey.u
Only 6abbey.
I've used this model on my server online, and it worked fine. Just followed the instructions of the readme; Ut was patched to 436.

I followed the TXT, I have UT 436 too this 2 line is in the unrealtournement.ini and nobody see abbey skin correctly
I tried with other abbey skin and only the same abbey for all abbey skin appear..I don t know what is the pb too :( ... I m always looking for a soluce )

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
klasnic said:
Did you contact the actual author? He might have a solution too :)

Can't hurt to try anyways :tup:
I tried to email him but his adress is dead :(

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
:eek2: The only other thing I can suggest is to check the other machines to actually see if the skins are installed there... If they are, delete them and connect to your server from there to see if they get downloaded. Then test the skins on each machine individually - A lotta' work but at least you'll get closer to finding the problem. Other than that I'm stumped :( :)

jdn

Oct 6, 2004
klasnic said:
:eek2: The only other thing I can suggest is to check the other machines to actually see if the skins are installed there... If they are, delete them and connect to your server from there to see if they get downloaded. Then test the skins on each machine individually - A lotta' work but at least you'll get closer to finding the problem. Other than that I'm stumped :( :)

I always test to delete skins, and when the other pc connect to host, skins are DL . but no skins ( abbey ) enter in the game.. only abbey shase skins , but no abbey spiderwoman and no abbey nude