Pathnoder - Mapping TOOL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Pathnoder
is a tool for pathing levels in-game.
It has auto-pathing that adds paths while player moves, and manual by a key press. Spawned paths can be destroyed with rockets. Read more in the read me.
Download (263.2 KB) at:
skill-club or Fileplanet

pathnoder.jpg

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
No. This is an editing tool, not only for viewing actors. Although you can see pathnodes, that's only something needed for correct editing.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
looks nice, but one SMALL problem i have is that theres no grid. maybe make a specified grid size and have the pathnodes EdShouldSnap to it. would make it a lot easier to make each base exactly symetrical in terms of pathing (sometimes there are extra paths in one base, etc)

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Thanks guys.
Raffi_B said:
looks nice, but one SMALL problem i have is that theres no grid. maybe make a specified grid size and have the pathnodes EdShouldSnap to it. would make it a lot easier to make each base exactly symetrical in terms of pathing (sometimes there are extra paths in one base, etc)
You don't need a grid. The paths are spawned at the same place where the player stands, and with that they stand perfectly in place. Just dont jump arround while placing them.

DeRailer said:
OMG this ownz sir, but how about lift center/exits?
Maybe in the next version? Special pathnodes should be placed manually since you need to set up tags etc...

I made this tool for my and my team's (RoAR- ut2k3assault) own needs. I decided to share it with everyone that finds it usefull. This is not a tool made for contest as many believe, including the BU news :p.

Last edited:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
I meant so u could make pathnodes exactly similar on both sides without room for difference but it still works like a dream. im still doing it the manual way, more reliability for a sacrifice of ease of use.