Pariah Multiplayer Demo... Today!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
I just played the SP demo and the fall height is actually higher than it is in the MP demo...dunno if that is a sign or not.

Ouch! OMGPLZFIX?

When i played with the MP demo , i founded the falling damage a bit ridiculous. But now even worse for SP would be lame. I still think that no falling damage is not that bad. And the one in UT2004 don't scare me out.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
JaFO said:
HL2 is at least one generation ahead of UE2.5 plus it has been designed just to show off all that physics-stuff.
So Pariah still has to make do with 'simple' physics (perhaps a few boxes to climb like Deus Ex 2), but nothing complex.
Just look at the mp-levels themselves. If their physics-engine played any significant role then it would have showed.

I don't know about that .. I don't believe that HL2 uses the most advanced version of Havok ... I believe that honor goes to PainKiller which uses 2.0 ... I believe HL2 and H2 are using 1.5 ... and Pariah can't be using any lower version ... so I can't see how it won't be as complex. I mean the Havok engine is a big deal to them from what I have read. But you may be correct .. again only time will tell but I think Sir Brizz has played part of the SP campaign so maybe he can elaborate on just how much interaction with objects we can expect in Pariah. :)

But if I am wrong about the versions of Havok used just let me know please. I like to be on top of these things. Thanks. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Anuban said:
I don't know about that .. I don't believe that HL2 uses the most advanced version of Havok ... I believe that honor goes to PainKiller which uses 2.0 ... I believe HL2 and H2 are using 1.5 ... and Pariah can't be using any lower version ... so I can't see how it won't be as complex. I mean the Havok engine is a big deal to them from what I have read. But you may be correct .. again only time will tell but I think Sir Brizz has played part of the SP campaign so maybe he can elaborate on just how much interaction with objects we can expect in Pariah. :)

But if I am wrong about the versions of Havok used just let me know please. I like to be on top of these things. Thanks. :)
The Physics plays a bigger role in the SP. You can shoot out pylons from platforms and have them collapse and stuff. It's not as advanced as GeoMod, but it's pretty good.

Also, the enemy bodies fly around alot more based on explosions than they seem to in the MP.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Sir_Brizz said:
The Physics plays a bigger role in the SP. You can shoot out pylons from platforms and have them collapse and stuff. It's not as advanced as GeoMod, but it's pretty good.

Also, the enemy bodies fly around alot more based on explosions than they seem to in the MP.

Thanks Sir Brizz ... this is exactly what I thought ... so know I am more than confident that by the time it is released Pariah is going to be a successful FPS .. but better than H2 ... that remains to be seen. :D

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
I played FLA all day yesterday, spent friday and Saturday with CTF, DM and some FLA.

I actually prefer the FLA gametype. I find it alot more enjoyable, i think mainly because its a "new" style gametype. I like the Idea of advancing or getting pushed back. Also i love running over people in the tractor. :)

Still dont like the mouse driving, or the crosshairs, and i find the hud symbols in the FLA gametype are not opaque and sometimes get in the way.

I prefer the upgraded plasma and Health to just about anyweapon. I will get it for sure for the SP and For FLA. I wouldnt mind checking out the editor as well for some FLA mapping. Last i read there will be the "SImple" ed with premade terrain, buildings, and "Props" that you just drop in, with the regular UED (PariahED).

Well hopefully most of the UT2K crowd that loves CTF-Thorns, CTF-Barburner, and the GIANT ROOM maps will stay away from Pariah because they dont like the gameplay.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
{RA}SKYFURNACE said:
I played FLA all day yesterday, spent friday and Saturday with CTF, DM and some FLA.

I actually prefer the FLA gametype. I find it alot more enjoyable, i think mainly because its a "new" style gametype. I like the Idea of advancing or getting pushed back. Also i love running over people in the tractor. :)

Still dont like the mouse driving, or the crosshairs, and i find the hud symbols in the FLA gametype are not opaque and sometimes get in the way.

I prefer the upgraded plasma and Health to just about anyweapon. I will get it for sure for the SP and For FLA. I wouldnt mind checking out the editor as well for some FLA mapping. Last i read there will be the "SImple" ed with premade terrain, buildings, and "Props" that you just drop in, with the regular UED (PariahED).

Well hopefully most of the UT2K crowd that loves CTF-Thorns, CTF-Barburner, and the GIANT ROOM maps will stay away from Pariah because they dont like the gameplay.
I played with you last night. You drove over a bunch of my teammates before stealing all of our vehicles and driving them off cliffs or getting them otherwise destroyed. The funny thing was my teammates all ran past them while they were sitting there like drones...

I do like how intense FLA gets though when everyone has tons of WECs and are fighting over that last base. It gets pretty intense.

Like I've always said the game needs a few tweaks, but it's incredibly entertaining.

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
never once did i drive a vehicle off a cliff, I was in vehicles with drivers that have tho, and the only reason i would take a vehicle is if the other team isnt using it and mine is severlly damaged.

but i did run over lots of people :)

but yeah i noticed that most people:
a) dont use the vehicle.
b) Dont know there is room for 2 (much like how the hummer drives off in ut2k4).
b) Run down the middle of the road.

The vehicle is really easy to dodge, and is really easy to kill with the upgraded armor piercing guns.