1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pain2k3 Mod No Work !!Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Ask a Coder' started by Beefbrains, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

I have been messing around for a couple of months with the pain2k3 mod and cannot get any of the newer versions like version 7,8,9 to work totally on my server. I have tried hundreds of different things at this point and spent many hours. Still no worky! I have done everything it says to do and even contacted the coder to explain problems with certain guns not zooming or the shoulder cannon freaking out. NO REPLY yet. Has anyone else had these problems and could someone please help!!!

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Pain2K3 wasn't made to work in network play. It hasn't been tested, and I don't know much about making stuff work in a network game. As for your e-mails, hotmail may have eaten them, thinking they were spam.

3. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

pain2k3

Awsome, didnt expect to here from you. You know I love your mod I think its the best and defenitly my favorite af all time. Also, hotmail does that to me all the time. I guess its probably a good thing with all the crap thats out there.
    I think it has something to do with tick's. at least a couple of the error messages were in reference to something about them. If you would be willing I am going to mess around some more and ill try to debug it a little so that I can get some errors or something like that. If you get a little free time and provideing you want to lets try to get it working. All these people I know and play with regularly really want to play your newer version. Help me if you can and want. Your awsome. Thanks again. :D

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

He would have to write netcode for it. As he said, he didn't make it for net play. Debugging won't work, the code that makes it work online is not in there.

5. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

Heres the problem you would have to rewrite large sections. Its a pain.

6. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Not only is it a pain, I don't really know how it works.

7. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

Pain2k3

Well that really sucks I guess. More work than I would want to do also. hehe. I wish I knew more about all of the coding in unreal, I have still got alot to learn. I was just stuck on quake to long. On the other hand if someone were to offer money for the recoding what would a ruff estimate be. Or actually what would someone want. Hypitheticly. If someone wanted to do it. Dang I'm a pain. I just love this mod man. :D Thanks you guys for all the help buy the way. Your awsome.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  8. Postal

I doubt you will find someone. You either gotta do it you're self, or bug and pester Smoke till he does it.

9. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

Hehe i,ve prob bugged him enough hehe. I am trying to learn a bunch more so I can try it myself. I'm going to have to jack it up a bunch before I figure it out. I'm going to talk to my buddy who works for Ion Storm and see if he can help me we will see I guess.

10. soldat

soldat resident potato

11. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

soldat, I checked it out and its pretty cool. Everyday Im learning more ill tell you that much. You know dumb question but was UT based off java? Anyway I think im getting a little further with this I got all of the zoom functions working well at least half way. Thanks

12. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

You know I guess I should ask Smoke39 if you mind if I manipulate your code? I am still giving you credit for all of the stuff. Its up to you. Also, do you want the end result if it works good? Let me know... :)

13. Postal

UScript based off C++

14. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

Got ya. Thanks...

15. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Why don't you just join me as the official slammin'-guy-who-makes-Pain2K3-work-online-person? ;)

And UScript was designed to be a sort of mix of java and C, if that's what you were asking.

16. Beefbrains

Beefbrains Beefy

lol Sounds fine to me but you know more about making that stuff than I do. I am having to get alot of help from friends. And stuff like that. hehe. I've learned alot tho and am learning a little more all of the time. Lets talk more. Ive got version 5 working perfect, well at least I think. Version 8 and 9 are the ones I am really having a problem with.

17. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Sounds like you've gotten more working than I have, which to me indicates that you're qualified for the job.

18. Drake_Osiris<vortex>

Drake_Osiris<vortex> Drake_Osiris, leader.

First: UNREAL was based off of Java and C++, why should UT be any different?
    Second: Well, I should THINK he would get the job. Sounds like UT2K3 is a bigger pain than UT....

19. EvilDrWong

EvilDrWong Every line of code elevates you

:eek2: Coding for 2k3 is so much easier than coding for UT. Leaps and bounds and all that junk.

20. Postal

Disagree, we all knew Unreal, then UT came out, and all we had to do was mild changes and so most stuff came over easly. Then UT2k3 comes out, and they break everything apart into a dozen parts.