1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Package "de" version mismatch

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Faded, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Faded

Faded no one cares if i use my golf cart, right?

Sometimes I try to connect to a server, but can't because of a "package "de" version mismatch". How do I fix that?

2. BlackWarlock79

BlackWarlock79 New Member

Hi!

Had the same Problems after reinstalling Patch Version V4.36 your problem should be over

in my case it helped but if you have an answer to my problem let me know -----> look at : Missionpack-models and LAN-Games

3. Zaphrod

Zaphrod President of the Universe

You can go ingot your unrealtournament/systems folder and delete de.int. then the next time you go to a server it will download and store in the cache the correct version.

4. JiiJii

JiiJii New Member

Reinstalling the De.umod from Bonus Pack 2 also works

You can also fix this problem by reinstalling the DE.umod mutators pack which is included in the UT Bonus Pack 2.

5. Faded

Faded no one cares if i use my golf cart, right?

Ok, I have tried each of the three suggestions that were made help alleviate my problem. However, none of them worked.
    Am I forced to reinstall?

6. Zaphrod

Zaphrod President of the Universe

You may have to delete all the files in your unrealtournament/cache folder too. You will lose anything else that you downloaded from game servers though.

7. JiiJii

JiiJii New Member

Try These Suggestions Before Completely Reinstalling

Before you completely reinstall UT you might want to try a few more things first. I recommend trying each of these suggestions and in the order they are listed:

#1. Try Uninstalling the DE Mutator Pack

Assuming your operating system is Windows9x/NT/Me: Click on the Windows START button, select Settings, then Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs, select Unreal Tournament from the list of installed programs, and click the Add/Remove button. An Unreal Tournament uninstaller will open up which will list most, if not all, of the mutators you currently have installed in UT. Place a check in the box next to the mutator entitled "DEMutators" and then click the "Next" button at the bottom of the list. UT will then ask you if you are sure you want to remove this mutator, select Yes, and click the "Next" button one last time. Now try UT and see if you still receive the error message. If you still receive the error proceed to #2. If you do not receive the error message then the problem is fixed and you can redownload the DE Mutator pack if you still want it. Downloading and Installing it again should not result in the same problem. However, if it does just repeat these steps once again.

#2. Delete the de.int & de.u files from your Unreal Tournament\System directory and edit UnrealTournament.ini

Go to the "System" sub directory located in your Unreal Tournament folder(ie: Unreal Tournament\System). Look for the files de.int & de.u. If you find either of the two files delete them. After deleting, or if they are not there, proceed to edit the "UnrealTournament.ini" file. Locate the line "ServerPackages=De" and delete it. Once delete, or if it is not there, try UT once again and see if you still receive the error message. If you still receive the error proceed to #3 and if you do not receive the error your set.

#3. Try reinstalling the DE Mutator Pack and/or contacting its author(s).

If all else fails you can try reinstalling the latest version of the DE Mutator Pack and/or contacting its author(s) and see if they have any suggestions. If all else fails contacting the author is definitely your best bet.