P4 vs AMD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT-Eclipse

KING KONG AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME!!!
well i was reading up on my processing news andi found out that Intel is coming out with, i think its the Prescott, which is going to range from 5 ghz to 12 ghz and will have a FSB from 1000mhz to 4200mhz. it will 64 bit t and 128 bit, and have HT- tech also.

when you think about it its only a matter of time before they come out with a 512mb and 1028mb video card.

just imagine it.

my future comp

intel based. (all of these parts are not real, just speculation of what the future might hold)

proc: Intel Prescott 12 ghz, 4000mhz FSB, HT-technology
mobo: DFI "lanparty" 950. Intel proccessor version.
ram: 2568ram pc 3700.
video card: Nvidia 7800 ultra pro GT 1028mb.
sound card: creative labs 7.1 ultra realistic.
HD's: 3 Western Digital 180mb 14,000rpm drives.

AMD based system

proc: AMD 3900 11.8 ghz, 3900mhz FSB
mobo: same as above only AMD version.
Ram: same as above
video card: ATI "Name unknown" 1028mb
sound card: smae as above
HD's: same as above

tell me what you know news wise for AMD and what your DREAM SYSTEM is!!

_MAGGOT_

Jan 10, 2004
Dream system? With current technology, it woud looks something like this:
Alienware Area-51 ALX based ( http://www.alienware.com )
Dual P4 3.6 GHz processors
ASUS mb (one which will take 2 P4's)
4 sticks of 512 MB DDR ram
dual 220GB Hd's
Some form of Broadband i-net (I think I'll stick with my cable...)
And, a second 'puter of exact same spec, connected together via super-fast LAN so I can kick my dad's butt in real time in any racing game or sim, or my friends in UT2004.

Oh yea, and since it's an Alienware, I'll go with the Black case, Red cooling system, with the matching red wireless optical KB and mouse, and LCD screen. I'll keep my current scanner and printer (HP scanjet 3970 and HP deskjet 5150 respectfully)

What about controllers? I dunno for me personally, I don't use joysticks or gamepads, but for racing, a really god wheel with pedals (including a clutch pedal) and padle shifters/sequential shifter/full 6-speed gate shifter so i can drive whatever shift type i feel like. Also, I wanna make a nice cockpit with a second monitor on it and kb and mouse trays (see y i want wireless?) for racing.

MAGGOT