UE2 - UT2kX Overhauling Unreal II wiki & verifying content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Autonomous

Jun 26, 2016
Hey everyone,

Ever since Unreal II: The Awakening came out, I fell in-love with the series, but more importantly with the hidden lore. However Unreal II information is scarce and when there is information, it's short. I haven't stumbled across any fan fiction too, like you would with the Halo series, or Half-Life 2.

I recently bought the game again (I've been in love with it since it first came out in 2003 and played it for countless hours) and I thought that perhaps I could, with some help, contribute to the wiki pages of Unreal II. During my playthrough I've been keeping an eye out for several things that may help me in getting more information about the lore of Unreal II. For example, I learned that TCA Marshal John Dalton's family has a record of serving within the military (evidence; the trifold flag* can be found in his quarter aboard the TCA-Atlantis.)
*The trifold flag is handed out to a family member of a soldier after they deceased in battle; after a ceremony; the american flag is spreaded out on the top of the coffin and later on, gets folded into a triangle and then gets placed in a wood and glass triangle shaped box. Then it's handed to a chosen family member.

Why does this matter? It really doesn't, but if you want to know more about the lore, it'd be nice to read about this character. I mean, we don't get a lot of info about John Dalton outside of the dialogues aboard the Atlantis.

Aside from that, I've identified a couple of weapons (someone already did that on the wiki, but some of the names aren't correct) and what may be something about the TCA and the military (this is on the wiki, yes, but information is scarce.)

It would be nice if I had someone (or a group of people) who also have great interest in the lore of Unreal II to help me out, since there's a big chance that I can miss valuable information in-game.) The game is old, and a lot people will tell me that it's just a lost cause. However, I still want to do this.

If anyone's interested, please let me know!