UE3 - UDK Outside Sun Lighting?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hicks16

Dec 6, 2010
Hey guys, I haven't ran into any problem until now. I do not know how to create a sun effect lighting. I need a light outside that acts like a sun and looks like a sun, but I do not want it to effect the lighting inside my buildings. I have windows that the light can come through, but I want dark areas to stay dark or have my dark lighting.

Which type of lighting should I use for the sun?

Thanks guys,
Hicks

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Directionan lights with shadows turned on and a skylight without shadowcasting to fake bounce light. use a volume to disable the skylight in the inside areas. The directional light will only shine through the windows anyways as it has shadow casting on.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
In your level you place a LightExclusion volume (a special brush, where blocking volumes and lava volumes and that stuff is) around the inside of your building. Then in the properties of the skylight you add that as an ExclusionVolume and tada, the light will not affect the inside areas.

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
Actually, I've figured out how to do it with UT3ED. There's no such thing as LightExclusionVolume, but there is LightVolume, and the light settings itself have a field for ExclusionVolumes and a field for InclusionVolumes. With bUseVolumes turned on you can include or exclude light in those volumes.