1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Our Very Own Sparky on UT2004 GUI

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Raffi_B, Feb 16, 2004.

1. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

Though I agree with just about everything sparky said, I found it ironic that he ripped Epic for the use of horizontal scan lines but his latest UT2004 wallpaper has the exact same thing turned 90 degrees. Horizontal scan lines are so five years ago yet, make them vertical, and they're cutting edge :p Just playin :D

2. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

I thought the whole point of UWindows was that you could switch between windows easily, so you don't have to load the whole server list just to change a few settings for example. It looks nice, but it's not too functional now.

3. ExiT

ExiT hella lurker

I agree that it is a 100% improvement over UT2k3's interface, but being the weak, console-like interface it is, it's still only at about 7.43% of UWindows :(

4. |UO|Amadeus

|UO|Amadeus New Member

Colores are pritty! :lol: But I agree a bit I wish their where just tons and tons of features and you felt imersed in the GUI but.......some times you can just be flashy; some times ;)

Zen :D

5. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Personally I like the change of colours from UT2003, it was far too blue. It kinda fits the theme of the game a bit better IMHO. But yes, UWindows should be brought back. They damn well better of at least changed that retarded intro.

6. Zaccix

Zaccix Truth, by Banksy

I like the menu and loading screens. They're colourful, in your face and give you a hint on what you're in for once you press "Join Server". ;)

I especially like the background in the "metal angel" loading screen.

7. Revrant

Revrant Flak Monkey

i like 03's...dark blue is easy on my eyes...the new ones neat though...its got...like...flashy stuff... :tup:

8. Juguard

Juguard The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!

go back to original UT menu. Nothing beats that.

9. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Do I load the game to stare at the menu, or actually play it...... hmm.... well, I myself actually play it, so who REALLY cares what the menu looks like?

10. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

The UT menu was functional, sure, but it was really ugly. Especially at what's a normal resolution these days - horrible gradients are so 20th century ;)

It was also quite slow. Even on my P4 3GHz/9800 Pro/1GB machine it takes ages for a window to initialize and all that. If they only incorporated the style and speed of the 2004 menus with the functionality of the first's...

11. Sparky

Sparky Retired Administrator

Your current avatar suggests to me why you like teh new interface, altan ;) :tup:.

12. SINNER~KILLJOY

SINNER~KILLJOY GAMMING GOD

It's all good!!

IMHO I feel the new GUI is a big step up from UT2K3 and should prove easy to use for NOOBS who are just starting out!
    Much Fragging
    SINNER~KILLJOY:shock:

13. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

I'm not the only one that noticed the old tune. I liked that one also. :D :D :D

14. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

If you think his current avatar suggests such, you should have seen his last one. Damn near gave me an epileptic seizure. ;) :D

15. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

16. NeoNight

NeoNight Lurker

wonder if its possible to have an animated gui? (animated background and other stuff)