1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OT: Why did EPIC move to midway?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrDoomed, May 22, 2006.

1. DrDoomed

DrDoomed New Member

i couldnt find a place suitable for it this isnt actually about the games itself so i thought it could work here.

does anybody know why they made the change?

2. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

I think that atari was bitching about the games and **** so they decided to move to a different company that made them less of the bitch in the partnership.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

3. Gorzakk

Gorzakk Scorpion Powah!

I really dont know. But my 2ps with is it was one of the most stupid things they did. Unreal Mortal Kombat (UC2) is a game I hate so much it caused me to eat my neighbours liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. I heard (through the reliable medium of forum rumour and gossip) that it was down to Midways interference. I hate Midway. :mad:

4. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Miday is a lot better than Atari. I'm glad they made the move. Midway gives Epic more freedom with less BS. Noone made you buy UC2. It's good to spice things up a bit every now and then. Besides, it's a console game.

If they didn't change anything, and realeased it as UC2, with new characters, they would be just as bad as EA.

And Atari canned Legend Ent. So they suck for ever now.

5. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

Yeah, canning Legend was retarded.

You know what I really wish for? I wish Irrational Games would somehow get the System Shock license back. I want a sequel to SS2!

6. DeaJae

DeaJae taking a month's break

Slightly off topic,
    An Off Topic thread in an off topic forum I think is On Topic, however if an on topic thread occurs... aw sod it.

Atari wasn't good on a number of fronts, advertising for a start, distibution etc..

As for System Shock... BioShock needs to hurry. ;)

7. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

Yeah, are you kidding...BioShock looks bonecrushingly awesome. I can wait on SS3 if BioShock if it fulfills its potential.

8. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Isnt Bio-Shock running on the UE3 Engine?

9. Airmoran

Airmoran Construct

Nope, BioShock runs on a heavily modified UE2.5 engine, which they're calling the Vengence 2 engine. According to this thread, "the rendering engine and lighting has been completely re-written." That explains some things.

Bioshock's great and all, but we all know that Freedom Force 3 is what the world needs more. Goddamn stupid comic book-style cliffhanger.