(OT) Riddle: Who am I?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Justice is not in my vocabulary, it's part of my job
Attacking any nearby entertainment giant
Criticize anything that is more successful than I
Knowledge or reason is not required for a decent argument

The games industry is my nemesis
Honest people who work hard for entertainment are my foe
Often I have to reply to comments with insults, proving my superior intellect
Miami is my home
Prejudice against over 100,000 people is what a moral figure is, in my opinion
Scape-goating is the key to finding the blame for murder, in my opinion
Or blaming a few isolated events on many
Never has it occurred to me that there may be decent gamers

Who am I?

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Jack Thompson has the IQ of a box of nails.... I have been playing violent games sence I was in like 4th grade (I started with some jet fighter DOS game and Doom). Its probably made me more passive as I can take out all my anger on a game ;)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
$n][pErMan said:
Jack Thompson has the IQ of a box of nails.... I have been playing violent games sence I was in like 4th grade (I started with some jet fighter DOS game and Doom). Its probably made me more passive as I can take out all my anger on a game ;)

Too true. The problem is media scape-goating, over here in the UK we had a similar problem with Manhunt (appeared on the BU news a while ago) and a 17 year-old (who illegaly owned the game, since it has a label of 18+) who hammered his mate in the head for money. The media of course ignored the fact that he was underage, that his parents allowed him to play underage games, and of course his cocaine habit (and also, that the parents knew he had a cocaine habit) and still managed to blame the game on Manhunt.

Of course, UK sales for Manhunt shot right up.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
ProjectX said:
Too true. The problem is media scape-goating, over here in the UK we had a similar problem with Manhunt (appeared on the BU news a while ago) and a 17 year-old (who illegaly owned the game, since it has a label of 18+) who hammered his mate in the head for money. The media of course ignored the fact that he was underage, that his parents allowed him to play underage games, and of course his cocaine habit (and also, that the parents knew he had a cocaine habit) and still managed to blame the game on Manhunt.

Of course, UK sales for Manhunt shot right up.
Ya .. here in the US is was a bunch of bullsh!t about GTA:SA over the hot coffie patch. Needless to say sales skyrocketed after the BS because the game was to stop being sold. Its the only reason I bought the game too... just to get the DVD edition with the ability to apply the patch ;) I htink they plan on releasing the game again without the option to patch. Still... a bunch of total bullsh!t surrounding it.

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Manhunt was banned in NZ,but i wasn't overly dissapointed, didn't look like a very good game anyway. Media isnt as bad here though, only news show that b!tchs about video games is 60 minutes, and I think thats american anyway. Never heard of this Jack Thompson untill poeple started complaining about him in fourms and stuff. Also, manhunt is the only game thats ever been banned in NZ,ever.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
I wonder why the media doesnt blame Violent movies, hmmmm, maybe because they make them, but blameing games sure has taken the attention off the extream violence they get away with in PG-13 movies now days, shoot if Terminator 2 and The Predator were made today they would be rated PG-13 not R, maybe its because Im a parent but I thought Van Helsing should have been rated R, not that its a bad movie but there is no way I would allow my 13 year old to see that (if i had a 13 year old), but thats my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
bobnine said:
Also, manhunt is the only game thats ever been banned in NZ,ever.

I thought Postal 2 was also banned. I'm sure nobody missed that though - a really aweful game if ever there was one (not only tasteless, but they seemed to be using UT99 kind of level building techniques on the UT2003 engine, and it looked horrible).

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
I dont think that was banned,my friend has it, I concur,its a POS, it was probably banned in australia,they ban everything.