Original UT2004 Weapons...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Piroko/Moriarty

First and Only
May 24, 2004
Middle o' Nowhere, England
How do, first post and all, so bear with me.
Just wondering if there was a point to creating the maps with your custom weapons in. The vehicles I can understand, as they're faster, stronger and better than the standard ones (and they didn't cost Six Million dollars either :lol: ).
The weapons however just bug me, especially if I'm trying to include weapons from other mods/mutators in the FHI game (I.E. the flamer from Excessive, the Manipulator gun from U4E etc). AFAIK, it's damn near impossible to replace your custom guns, due to most replacer mods trying to change the originals.
Not to diss your weaponset, but surely the mutator you included would cover weapon replacement, leaving people like myself (sad and picky types ;) ) to mix and match with the rest of the UT2004 mutators, should the originals be put back in.
Sorry for the lack of sense, English isn't my first language...it's right behind 'Bad English' on my CV :)

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
First of all, your English is a lot better than some of the native speakers on this board.. :p

The reason we're being so stubborn about the weapons is because we want the player to be immersed in our mod, not with bits from other mods or weapons. I know it sounds stupid, but FHI2k4 is no longer a gametype, it's a mod, and we want people to see and experience our new weapons, not just to throw them aside as an add-on mutator, if you understand what we mean..

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
I understand both your arguements.

Parser wants the mod to be played the way it was ment to be played

Piroko and/or Moriarty wants to have fun with the mod, which Parser also wants but that's too different kinds of fun.

Parser what about that other topic where that guy wants to include Chaos UT Weapons in his map?... You ok with that? :ripper:

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
I can undertand both points of views too.
I guess I like the FHI weapons (although we need better models) but I wouldn't be opposed to even more weapons (whether mod specific or imported from another mutator).
In the same way I find the existing monsters on the boring side which is why I added the satore monster pack to it. I know you guys are working on new monsters for v3, so maybe it won't be needed then. It's up to you to decide if it's worth your time to re-create another monster pack that is exactly what you want or leverage an existing one that may only approximate your vision.
On the other hand it was kind of a turnoff that the T5K server had so many mutators that it didn;t quite feel like FHI to me anymore (did I mention I don't like lowgrav? :) )

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
yes you did mention that lol... Yeah i saw the mutator list.... doesn't really look like it will be to enjoyable :(