Optical Wires

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
Another idea.........

Ok, I was playing the new Splinter Cell. And i think a neat feature to be in the next Inf (if possible) would be to have those tiny cameras that are on thin tubes that people stick under doors to see if there are any enemys in the next room. That would make breaking and entering into rooms much more methodical. When checking the next room, you would see a "scope like" view into the next room from ground level. Or somthin of the sort. Then you could know what oppenents are on the other side waiting, if they are not hidden.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Agreed.

I think the step INF needs to go in is not one of "complete silent tactical SWAT" style play, nor "Massive online warfare Desert Combat" style play. But rather a compromise of both. There will most likely be vehicles in the next version of INF (which I'm kind of against. Walking around is half the fun :D . But I hope that SS finds it in there hearts to listen to the "Solid Snake" players amongst us. Rainbow Six 3 would be the best game ever if it were designed by the SS team. But it's not. So 2.9 is lightyears beyond that game. I hope that the next version of INF not only focuses more on gear like that, but also, gametypes that revolve around scenarios like that. Perhaps like a SEALS team infiltrating a terrorist compound, they only have 8 men, the terrorists have 30. Fun things like that, I believe, are what would make INF bigger and better. If they had gametypes to appeal to all of the gamers out there, it would be pretty popular. For your DC type players, there would be more vehicles/desert maps. For us "silent/stealth" fanatics where would be CQB/warehouse type maps. Thinking about all of the games I've played over the years + the INF aiming system just makes me all giddy.

In fact, look at how popular "SOCOM" is for the PS2. I've played it, and I do enjoy it quite a bit. Not as much as I like 2.9, but it's still a fun game. If INF was more like that (not 3rd person, unless they want to try that too ;) ), but rather, team-based spec-ops type game + a little bit of your "Metal Gear/Splinter Cell" sneaking + a tiny taste of DC vehicles type play, I can't imagine one reason for it to not become the most popular online tactical shooter. Either way, I'm sure it'll be incredible when it comes out. I just hope they try to expand on the gametypes greatly.

-I just realized that if SS made 3.0 as realistic as we're thinking, the US Military will try to buy them :lol:

Last edited: