Operation Flashpoint

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jreister

heretic
Jan 14, 2000
nirvana
Visit site
Talking recently about MOH and RTCW, did someone play OF?
It received some nice critics. Did someone play it recently?
Is it a real FPS, is it good?

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Its an incredible game...not exactly a FPS, more of an action-strategy but very realistic and the playing area is massive...there are dozens of vehicals to drive / fly, even a boat....a great map editor too.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
i bought operation flashpoint for my little bro for christmas. IT SUCKS MONKEY TOES IN ACID!! when you alter your view up/dn or lf/rt only the cursor moves on your screen, not your whole viewing angle, at least until it reaches a certain spot, then the whole viewing angle moves. It's way too complicated for me to explain, and even more complicated to play the game because of it. I couldn't find a way to stop this, so i said **** it! i won't play it then.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
That happened to me a few times. It is really annoying but it is easily fixed, and the game is incredible otherwise, especially in multiplayer coop mode working together on a mission.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by Frostblood
That happened to me a few times. It is really annoying but it is easily fixed, and the game is incredible otherwise, especially in multiplayer coop mode working together on a mission.
well now i can't wait to play it, i've only heard good things about it

Scorpio911

Animal Muther
Aug 24, 2001
Weare, NH USA
fatalarts.unrealism.com
Its not too bad, I haven't played a ton of it but I thought it had potential. I don't think your average UT or Q3 player will be into it though, its more for people who like INF and other more strategic games. I can tell you one thing, I wish I had wasted my money on that game (played at someone elses place) instead of the new Wolfenstein. Now that is one big piece of lame. :mad:

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
I dont know...you dont really need it ( except maybe for piloting planes and choppers...including transport Chinooks, combat Hinds, and A-42 anti-tank jets ).

The sense of tension is amazing...there is one "storm the beach" map where you must fight your way onto a hill and then just as you're searching the bodys of the enemy and making sure none are hiding in the bushes, 4 tanks roll in and open fire...

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Describe exactly what happens when you move the mouse, both before and after pressing "*", and I might be able to help.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Describe exactly what happens when you move the mouse, both before and after pressing "*", and I might be able to help.
basically it magnifies the problem. when i move mouse, say to the left, i don't want just the cursor (relative to the screen) to move. i want my whole viewing angle to move to the left. (similar to looking to your left with your eyes instead instead of your whole head). The cursor moves to the left of my screen instead of staying in the center of it.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
How did the * make it worse...what was it like before? I know exactly what you mean and i cured it by using *.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
How did the * make it worse...what was it like before? I know exactly what you mean and i cured it by using *.
im not sure exactly how to explain it. at first the cursor only had to move about 3 inches on the screen before your whole view changed. now i have to move the cursor all the way to the edge of the screen before my viewing angle changes.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
I think the "move 3 inches to move the screen" is normal...but I really didnt notice it when playing. You can avoid it by using the "scope" button to look down the barrel of the gun and this will be like a normal FPS.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
I think the "move 3 inches to move the screen" is normal...but I really didnt notice it when playing. You can avoid it by using the "scope" button to look down the barrel of the gun and this will be like a normal FPS.
well it's only because of this is the reason why i won't play this game.