Operation Flashpoint 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Does anyone know much about this? I thought it was going DNF but development seems to be going strong, there's a trailer released and they've done demos at a few game cons. Unfortunately, the most details I've been able to find is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CfvnAzmSM

They claim they're still going for a high level authenticity and trying to remain true to the community of the first game, and it will have 4 player coop campaign (pc) with 2 player coop for consoles.

Hard to say though, it seems like they're taking a more commercial approach to this game. From the little in-game footage I've seen, the mechanics don't seem as detailed as ArmA and OF1. You don't see people changing FOV's on the fly, it doesn't seem like you can look independently of your weapon point, IS view is highly zoomed-in, sprinting looks more canned...all in all it looks more COD4-ish.

It could still be good but it's frustrating that there's so little info. Same with ArmA2.

The island setting they're using, and the graphics engine, are certainly impressive-looking though.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Well early arma video's were also without freeaim. Just wait till its out i guess.

Arma2 is starting to look quite finished imho. The gfx have improved drastically lately and bohemia always does gfx last.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
It's a really unknown quantity at this point.

Could be the best thing since boobs, could be absolutely appalling. There's really very little hard info to go on.

All the screenies and most of the video is pre-rendered.

I keep seeing stuff wrong with the screenshots but half the time someone brings it up and they're fixing it.

GoldenNugget

Jul 15, 2005
4 player coop? the original ofp had at least 20 player coop (probably even more). Oh well ArmA is good enough for me atm. We'll see about ArmA2.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Meh, arma, arma II, ofp2, they all look kinda suck. The graphics remind me of CSS.

I tried playing Arma, but it was just too ugly. It had some realism, but nothing that couldn't be modded into Crysis. For such bad graphics, I expect a lot more realism calculations. Don't even get me started how bad the aircraft were.
For those ugly graphics, I expect the realism of DCS: Black Shark. At least Crysis has the excuse of using all the power for their graphics.

Now if someone could just put real flight and vehicle dynamics into Crysis, with some realistic weaponry, and one big ass map. Thats what Im waiting for.

That and some realistic darkness.