1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oops... Once again.. all I ask...

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BooGiTyBoY, Sep 20, 2005.

?

Rox jumping mutator/setting?

1. Rox jumping si!

60.0%
  2. Rox jumping no!

20.0%
  3. I still to this very day enjoy a good piece of toast.

55.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Accidentally deleted the other one.... doh!

So.... let's try this again.

All I ask is for a standard rocket-jumping mutator or setting. Not one that gives no damage, but a nice boost and low-mid damage.

2. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

How about weapon momentum that isn't nerfed? :(

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  3. BooGiTyBoY

That would be bonus too :D. At least have it nerfed and no rox jumping in certain gametypes like ONS and the new one there (although it would be better in my opinion than a hoverboard...). But leave it intact for DM at least and CTF for tricky flag-runs :D. UT CTF needs something to spice it up a bit.

And what exactly do you have against toast?!?!?! ;)

4. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

The toast doesn't have jelly on it does it? I hate jelly. [​IMG].

But rocket and hammer jumps are good [​IMG].

5. EL BOURIKO

EL BOURIKO New Member

...and I want shock jump, flack jump, mine jump and so on...

I am surely stupid to think so (and flame me then), but I can hardly see the point in rocket jump since you have a shield gun avalaible from the start to make shield gun jumps (and in addition it can perform comboes if you use it with goo).

6. SharKTanK

SharKTanK :zzz:

While yes, it would be cool, I can't really see it happening just because that's not how 2k* was.
    Voted yes anyway.

Quake4 here we come!

7. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

Quake2 had a rocketjumping mod: Rocket olympics iirc. Was a lot of fun to play.
    Did anyone think of this, a similar mod, for ut2004?

Btw, RJ without taking damage might not be so thrilling, but it sure rocks.

First time I did it in RA:UT, well... I had a broad smile on my face =p

8. Shroom-FX

Shroom-FX Basshead

I'd be one happy mutha if they someone could make a mutator (maybe JJ could give it a whirl?) that has the same boost as in rocketeer but with the damage of a SG pop (perhaps?). Get Some nice Rox hoppin' going then I reckon. :p

9. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

I think the rocket launcher should have at least some boosting ability by default, unilke the current one which just tries to kill you.

10. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

I think the reason is the unbalance it might create. SG jumps are ok, because it's much more difficult to get airborn, then attack your opponents. I think they even made the SG switch away time longer for that reason. Rox jumping kinda is like having self-damaging jump boots, from which you can rain fire on your opponents. This is all I did with the battle suit, and fun as it may be, it was quite devistating. Enough armor, and you don't need something killing your self-damage. Switch away time from rox could also lead to some nasty other air weapons, but that would all depend on the weapons. Now, I'd say rox jump to air LtG would be nasty, but in 2k7 the LtG is a relic of the past. As much as I'd like to pull rox jump combos, I think that could have a little too much "wtf" factor for noobs.

More than anything I want balanced weapons, and an aspect like that is something I can't determine as balanced until I know what the deal is with the rest of the weapons. With-holding vote.

11. Vault

Vault New Member

why not have a shock prim jump? :rolleyes:

12. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

I don't see why not to have special tricks to the weapons. I mean don't most other FPS have such features, or is it only a Quake thing? a

At the very least they should have a trick weapon mutator. It's friging fun as hell in Exsessive with the trick RL, It's like superman on drugs. :lol:

13. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

the SG jump is fine and I'm sure like the Bio you can probably scroll through to change weapons after launch?

14. BooGiTyBoY

In 2k3/4 you can jump with every weapon except 3 in actual games in DM and CTF (discluding the super weaps). The minigun, the ltg, and rox. Rox being the only projectile weapon in the game you can't with. It doesn't have to even be a big jump... just... something! ;D

15. Sir_Erik

Sir_Erik Registered Boozer

What is up with all these 2005 people coming and saying "OMG? Rocket jump? HOW ABOUT BIO RIFLE JUMP YOU DUMMY!"

Rocket jumping was available in the original UT, and I'd actually like to see it return in UT2007.

16. BooGiTyBoY

You can already do bio jumps in 2k4... don't see why they wouldn't include it in 2k7 already. And how exactly am I a 2005 person sonny? Been playing since Unreal and probably been playing fps games since before you could walk :p.

17. EL BOURIKO

EL BOURIKO New Member

I like this idea of tricks for each weapons, we are already on that way in UT2k4. correct me if I am wrong or complete if i forget some thing so here is the list of the tricks or comboes i know in UT2k4 so far...

SHIELD GUN.
    many creative tricks to jump (regular SG jump, back SG jump, multiple vertical SG jumps with help of a wall)
    ASSAULT RIFLE.
    can be used with another assault rifle
    BIO RIFLE
    can be combined with SG for goo-jump
    SHOCK RIFLE
    the most popular combo of UT is here
    LINK GUN
    can link with team mate using link too
    ROCKET LAUNCHER
    can lock your opponent
    Can send 3 rockets that twist

actually i don t know any extra features concerning the FLACK CANON, the MINIGUN, the LIGHTNING GUN and the SNIPER RIFLE (the headshot maybe??). if there is some tell me, if not I am sure that many of you could have some good ideas to send to EPIC to give these weapons some little more fun.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  18. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

He means movement tricks.

Erik wasn't really speaking of you boog. Re-read his post.

I always did look at rox jumping as a quake thing, though I did the crap out of it in TFC... same basic engine, but that game was different, because that was like a "class ability." Like conc jumping. That game was fun.

I dunno, I just don't think it's really necessary. I think some iteration of the jump boots should simply come back. That would be all I need.

19. BooGiTyBoY

I wasn't taking Erik seriously bro :)
    I guess I forgot my [oldguy][/oldguy] tags on that line haha. ;)

I'd just like to see it included in this version of the game as an option instead of having to download/install a full mod to bring it into the game. :)

20. nuttella

nuttella Scare

No. No nerfing. Rockets go boom and knock you around. That is their nature. What you're playing has nothing to do with it.

There have been more weapon jumping possibilities in the Unreal series than in Quake. There was the ASMD jump, the Ripper jump, the Flak jump. Rocket jumping was just less viable because of the damage.