Onslaught Conversions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
well, ons maps are usually too linear for xmp gameplay, but i wouldnt mind a try...
they might just turn out perfect for xmp...who knows :p

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Some of the ONS maps have been converted to UTXMP already. Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head include Dria and Islandhop. There are others too. But, I cannot think of them at this moment. If you want to get a feel for what they look like as XMP style maps, you can check them out on the BBF or the MysticFighters UTXMP servers.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
The only problem is that there are less people playing UTXMP than U2:XMP so there is little use for maps on UTXMP.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
Maybe not always, if the two people that are left working on UTXMP can completely patch it and make it better than U2:XMP then it will of course be better.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
agreed, ut:xmp has to many buggs currently for play to be that great, sad that there arent more people who stuck with the project insted of runnin off to do other things.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
It's not like they weren't getting paid to make UTXMP so they needed jobs and when they got job offers from real game designers they decided to trash it or anything.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
i know how free projects go kirby, i have been following one for years, they have gone through ALOT of staff, but my point is that IF they had gotten more help OR more ppl had stuck to it, even helping out only when they had a few minutes free time it could easly have been done by now, its not like the starsiege 2845 project that has had to change engines due to VUG fooking up the tribes:v engine so bad that it was IMPOSSABLE to do what needed done using that game.
in this case they have had the same engine to work with and its mod friendly unlike with ss2845 where they now had to change to Tge/Tse game engines to get what they needed from the engine,thus slowing dev a good bit.That and the loss of alot of devs due to the crappy jod done on the t:v code slowed that project to nothing.

With utxmp if they had stuck to it even a couple hours a week they could have at least fixed the majority of the buggs.

Or the group could have dragged new ppl in and started an xmp like game using tge/tse and made a full game by now(great game engine that is affordable as hell)

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
I think that the only real problem with FMI is that they did not release many patches. I would be on beta 3489 by now and it would still look the same, but I would have kept the community interested because they could see a step by step progress.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
its not so much the look that bothers me as the other little bugs like jumping/driving/speed/weppon just little things oh and that deploy bug, gawd that was/is annoing, the last time i played it was "patched" but still happened randomly at times, quite irratating really.

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
Doubt any real good will come of it.. but we can hope anyways!

...unless... nah nvm

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
That'd be cool if there were servers that could DREAM of running that in XMP

Status
Not open for further replies.