Online decals, Nonexistent

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
For some strange reason Online decals refuse to show themselves. they were okay before I reinstall UT :( . Can I get some help
I am using...
Open Gl
Chris driver
an onbaord microsoft card.
a minimal desre framrate of 2.0000 :lol:

yes I have check the common problem tread, but there isnt a single thing that helps.

this is driving me nuts to fix. so can some one help me?

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Decals are the first thing that UT removes if the framerates do drop or the general performance goes down.
If decals do not show up online then it can be two things:
- your system is simply reducing the stuff due to the framerate stuff aso like it would do offline, or
- the amount of data you get while playing online reduces your overall performance so that the stuff above jumps in

So, maybe you had some more folks running around on the server you played on than you had before or you had done some ini tweaking before that was 'better' than your current setup.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Crowze said:
Does the same thing happen in D3D?
Textures dont even show themselves properly. odd.

Beppo said:
the amount of data you get while playing online reduces your overall performance so that the stuff above jumps in
That could be it, GD is running a few more mutators now.

I really need a vedio card.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
I had this problem too.

You must set your connection speed to the speed you are at (eg 28k, 56k, ISDN, LAN, Cable). Fixed the problem for me. Only happened online for me, what about you?

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Yep, online only

edit: I feel so stuipid :eek:
Edit2: fixed spelling, and thanks
Edit3: Crowze you might want to add this to your common problem tread.

Last edited: