1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"One-Way" Window

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Fetish, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Fetish

Fetish GhettoBlaster

Is it possible to create a window that is more transparent from one side than it is from the other side?

If not, is there a good way to emulate this effect?

I know that the glass transparency is controlled by how much light hits it; but in real life the range of light from inside to outside is gigantic; whereas in unreal the difference is rather small.

2. GNAT

GNAT ...

I would think all u had to do is change the texture properties on either side. or even the texture for that matter.

3. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

a related question... Is it possable to edit how much transparancy is used on a texture? say for a transparent floor and use a mirror surface to give the effect of a glossy surface? I want to edit it so it is not as glossy that you cant hardly see the texture.