1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

? on in game map name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bonjaa, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Hey all...

I have a quick question? We use ut2vote57 and when we go into the voting menu (in game) every map list, whether in dm, ons, etc. It gives you the list and then in the middle some where it will say DM - and no map/just blank, it is the same in each style of game play. Not sure why it is doing this, any ideas?

I was also wondering if I could clean up the map vote a little better. Because the order that I put it in, in notepad is not the same as in the game. It becomes all jumbled up! Any idea on how to fix this, so it appears as configured in notepad so as in the game!

Thanks for you help!

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Regarding the dissapearance of map names is maybe how they are spelt.
    For instance if a mapname has a comma ',' - any slash '\ /' and several other non alphatised characters, the chances are it will NOT replicate the name and you end up with DM- because the prefixes "DM" is not replicated simply because each one is the same.
    Therefore the server tells the client, "hey, there are 208 DM maps coming down the pipe".
    Another thing that will cause mapnames to dissapear is too many maps, 250 maps MAX per game is all that UT2Vote allows.
    Also if you have the AltMapPrefix option enabled, then that means only 250 of each.
    95% of the time this problem is due to too many maps, too many mututors or too many games.

Regarding the sequence of the mapnames, check in the readme its all there.
    [UT2Vote57.UT2VoteIniOnly]
    MapListSort=0

Where:
    0 = Alphabetical A - Z listings.
    1 = Alphabetical Z - A listings.
    2 = Random selection on each level.
    3 = As in list - best if UseMapList=True

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Thanks for you help, I must have missed that in the readme file! But as soon as I put an organization to the map list, the DM - disappeared. So it is fixed now thanks!

One other quick question I have. We also use serverbots2, and when players join our server and it becomes full all the bots would leave(as normal). When the players leave, and the level of players becomes less than required. The bots are supposed to come back in the game. Well sometimes they do, and other times they do not come back until the start of the next map! Any ideas why this would be the case?

Can you also use custom bots with serverbots2 program? If so, where would you put the info to select which custom bot you would like to use?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

We had problems with ServerBots behaving like ordinary bots, so their coming and going is somewhat erratic to say the least as we also get them to leave ok, but coming back at the appropriate time is kinda questionable :)
    Regarding the custom bot, here I cannot remember, try using the custom bots character name and see what happens:
    Code:
    [ServerBots2.Bots]
    MyBots=(UseBot=True,Name="ProFlex",[b]Character="Whatever"[/b],Voice="M",Weapon=0,Ping=60)