On behalf of The_Fur, myself, and other scout-snipers/counter-snipers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I'd like to formally suggest a scout rifle.

Of course, my pick is the Steyr Scout (/me spooges), but any scout rifle would be nice.

I know weapon suggestions are disregarded, but hell.. this really does fill that little hole left in the armory. A lightweight 7.62mm sniper rifle.

I'm sure that The_fur will now post 1500 pictures of the Steyr Scout.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Steyr scout tactical with scout style mounting
steyr_scout1.jpg

Steyr scout tacticalwith classic mounting
steyr_scout.jpg

this one is by far the best looking, polymer black... hmm...

Steyr scout with scout style mounting
scout.gif
This is the version the dutch marines use.

The scout rifle concept

Jeff Cooper owns the "Scout Rifle" concept, lock, stock and barrel. In 1983, he defined the "general purpose rifle" as "... a conveniently portable, individually operated firearm, capable of striking a single decisive blow, on a live target up to 200 kilos in weight, at any distance at which the operator can shoot with the precision necessary to place a shot in a vital area of the target." To Cooper a "scout" was one man moving from cover to cover, operating alone, and highly trained in all the fieldcraft arts.
The envelope was prescribed by Cooper with a maximum length of one meter (39.37 inches) and a total weight, empty, no greater than three kilograms (approximately 6.6 pounds). The rifle resulting from these parameters was to be convenient, powerful (whatever that means), accurate, rugged, versatile and aesthetically pleasing.

NOW GIMME!!!!

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
...and aesthetically pleasing.

This was really part of the description? I'm surprised any military force would give a care if something looked good or not. If the M16 looked like a hunk of junk, I'm sure the US military would still use it.

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
Odd seeing that from you, Draco-1

Considering our different takes on the relative importance and relationship between form and function. :)

Still, I lend my voice to those desiring the lighter scout rifle; "GIMME......please?!?"

:D

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
WOW! /me removes flame retardant suit.

I thought I was gonna be mauled for that.

For the sakes of realism, i think if it were to be included, the 3rd version that fur posted (dutch marine issue) should be the one used, if any at all.

What would posed a problem is, the view through the scope on the "scout style" mount. Problem being that it isn't drawn up close to your face like on a Robar or PSG1 but you look through it as if it were an iron sight. Might be hard to implement properly.

But hell, dont let that stop it from being implemented!

P.S how come this wasn't in the general's report? Did I post it too late?

EDIT: Draco, what do you mean "IF the M16 looked like a hunk of junk.."? :D

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Jeff Cooper Rocks!!!

Even though Counter strike already has it, it’s a good gun and deserves a place in the Infiltration armory.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Its bolt action 7.62mm.

AFAIK it can be fitted with 2 or 3 different style bolts.. short, medium and long.

5 or 10 round mags aswell I think..

Who cares if counter-s<b></b>hite has it.. they didn't do it properly anyway.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Indeed. Kudos to gooseman for putting it in. May gooseman burn in hell for getting it wrong :D