Oldest clan around?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
The average lifetime of UT clans is worryingly short. And the higher they play in ladders and tourneys, them more they tend to get into internal fights and split up.

I know some clans founded in the early phase of UT, even the demo days, who are still playing actively.

I also knew some clans that played U1 before, but none of them is still active.

There must be clans out there still playing actively that were founded in the days of original Unreal or that played other FPS before they switched to UT?!

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Originally posted by Tetris L
I also knew some clans that played U1 before, but none of them is still active.

There must be clans out there still playing actively that were founded in the days of original Unreal or that played other FPS before they switched to UT?!
The Legion of Doom was founded back in the Unreal days. We're still very active in CTF competition. :)

CMRadio-oX

Apr 9, 2003
www.clanmatch.com
There are many clans still around that have been around 5 years. Mulletmen (m2) still play and I know they were around when I started playing UT 5 years ago. I know there are still a lot of clans around that play UT or UT2k3 too. Pure, UFO, DFA, HfH a lot of these clans still exist and have either UT or UT2k3 divisions. Hell a lot of them are in the Clan Match Radio - IGL UT/UT2k3 TDM Tourney.

The community still has some very good players in it thats for sure.

oX

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Weekend Warriors is an old clan. Not always playing UT, we started off as a Quake 1 clan. We've gone through several name changes. Started as Cla Ka Reen, or {CKR}. Next it was the Apocalypse Warriors, soon to be changed to the Weekend Warriors. =)

We were very strong in UT, but have died away because of lack of intrest or RL getting in the way. We recently aquired {@}lpha Legion into our ranks and are going to compete in UT2k3.

WW, fragging since 1996.