Old as, Beyondunreal UT Stats Game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacob Korn

Crimson Strife Mapper
Apr 16, 2001
New Zealand
Visit site
Hey BU, haven't been round here for a very very long time. ahh the memories.

Any way. Do any of you remember the stats based internet browser game that was on beyondunreal? It had UT2k3/4 characters and weapons in it. You leveled up your characters and fought each other. The outcome of the battles were calculated based on the stats of the characters.

I've done a quick search but didn't find anything. Is it still around in any form? Was good fun.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm pretty sure we never brought this back from the old server when we re-upped BU. I have an archive of the old code for it, but the old database is gone.

Jacob Korn

Crimson Strife Mapper
Apr 16, 2001
New Zealand
Visit site
awww, that thing was awesome. Do you guys know what it was written in? was it just PHP?

I've been toying with the idea of making some sort of stats based game, not unreal related though, to learn some coding. I just remembered that WebTourney was simple and fun and wanted to see how the gameplay worked again.

I also had a fleeting idea that it would be cool to have a internet, stats based game that eventually turned into the back end of an mmorpg or something like that. Could be a lot of issues but i'm sure you could make it work somehow.