Ok, this is too much

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
We live in interesting times.

I did say it a couple of years ago. The US is going to split up.

The last two decades have seen the US become more polarized, with each side becoming evermore entrenched in opposing beliefs in what the US should be. There is no middle ground, there are few centrists left in Congress to act as a moderating hand.

The last two elections have shown just how much many in the Republican party were willing to undermine the governance of the US for their own ideological ends. I doubt the Democrats would do differently, although I don't believe they would be quite as blindly uncompromising about it.

If this continues, does anyone honestly see the Red and Blue halves of the US still united in 50 years time?

One thing to bear in mind is that in 1861 the US was relatively isolated and insular, it could do what it wanted without impacting on the world in a huge way. The effects of the Civil War weren't really felt worldwide until later, the outbreak of the war itself didn't make an impact.

Would that happen in 2013? The world's most powerful democracy going to war with itself. The worlds most powerful economy collapsing into an internal war economy. It might not happen, but at the same time it might. The people of America did it once in a war about the future direction of the nation, why not again?

If that happens, god help us all.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The people of America did it once in a war about the future direction of the nation, why not again?

The rich just want larger tax breaks and invent bullshit to pander to the typical small town white people who never bothered to question anything they were taught as a kid about the world. Republicans don't actually give a shit if someone is gay or not, they just pretend they do to get the small town votes. A lot of them are secretly gay themselves and would rather sell their soul to get ahead in life. Some of them even got caught. One even got caught telling his secret mistress to get an abortion when he's supposedly pro-life.

These small town people have a mob mentality that they have a moral obligation to defend Christianity when all they're really doing is helping rich people save money. They're also afraid of the unknown, which includes other races that aren't white and will use any excuse to attack out of fear. Unfortunately, they make up half of the population. If you look at the election results on a map. All the densely populated urban areas are democratic. The rural small town areas are all Republican even though they're all dirt poor.

Missouri is where I live and it's a perfect example. There's only 3 major cities in Missouri. The rest is extremely rural type areas that haven't changed much in 50+ years. Look at the voting results.

There won't be another war because all of these rich people live in democratic urban areas. We'll hang their asses if they try to start shit. The small town people could try to rise up, but in their eyes they already are by making retarded youtube videos.

The shitty part is that some of us can't stand Democrats and their control freak nature either. I don't want to choose between two-faced Republicans and a group who thinks they have to control video game content because they make kids murder people. That's why I voted for completely other parties that got maybe 1% of the total votes.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 21

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
Sounds like some deep seeded intense hate ya got there; this is why I personally don't belong to either party (because they are so divided right now) I wish everyone could get along, but obviously I realize we don't live in that kind of world.

A lot of that has to do with where they target their ads, I have to give Obama credit for running a damn sharp campaign. I live in a very wealthy county (the wealthiest per capita in my state) but they didn't really care about our votes, they targeted the large urban centers with their advertising campaign, stops, multi-language ads and such. Furthermore the majority of multi-cultured ethnicity live in the Urban & Suburban areas - where as in some states the rural areas are comprised of a of majority of White & Hispanic populous. Here's an is an interesting read.

Besides all that I do agree what are they thinking with petitions like this.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I don't think there's any danger of the USA splitting, because in any given State there seems to be a split whether 50/50 or 60/40, whatever. A lot of people would have to move for this to happen.:)

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Sounds like some deep seeded intense hate ya got there; this is why I personally don't belong to either party (because they are so divided right now) I wish everyone could get along, but obviously I realize we don't live in that kind of world.

I don't hate anyone, but I do hate the fact that it's pretty obvious what both sides are doing to market themselves and people keep falling for it.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
The rich just want larger tax breaks and invent bullshit to pander to the typical small town white people who never bothered to question anything they were taught as a kid about the world. Republicans don't actually give a shit if someone is gay or not, they just pretend they do to get the small town votes. A lot of them are secretly gay themselves and would rather sell their soul to get ahead in life. Some of them even got caught. One even got caught telling his secret mistress to get an abortion when he's supposedly pro-life.

These small town people have a mob mentality that they have a moral obligation to defend Christianity when all they're really doing is helping rich people save money. They're also afraid of the unknown, which includes other races that aren't white and will use any excuse to attack out of fear. Unfortunately, they make up half of the population. If you look at the election results on a map. All the densely populated urban areas are democratic. The rural small town areas are all Republican even though they're all dirt poor.

Missouri is where I live and it's a perfect example. There's only 3 major cities in Missouri. The rest is extremely rural type areas that haven't changed much in 50+ years. Look at the voting results.

There won't be another war because all of these rich people live in democratic urban areas. We'll hang their asses if they try to start shit. The small town people could try to rise up, but in their eyes they already are by making retarded youtube videos.

The shitty part is that some of us can't stand Democrats and their control freak nature either. I don't want to choose between two-faced Republicans and a group who thinks they have to control video game content because they make kids murder people. That's why I voted for completely other parties that got maybe 1% of the total votes.

Nail.on.the.Head

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
I don't hate anyone, but I do hate the fact that it's pretty obvious what both sides are doing to market themselves and people keep falling for it.

Gotcha - (thanks - I wasn't sure by some of your comments in that post above mine, it seemed like your pissed, I think lots of people are so I don't blame ya, peops on both sides like ya said depending on which one is marketing it) that worries me though because more this happens the more divided we become and the weaker our nation is.

- IMHO Having distanced myself from both parties its easier for me to realize that we can't continue to blame one side or the other that just perpetuates the problem with valuable energy that could be spent toward the bigger fish we have to fry.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
California should break away and go hang with Hawaii. Alaska can come too.
That's assuming no meteors become crashed into us.
483.jpg

annex canada
I can see that working out. Oh, wait..
Fo1_Intro_Canadian_Freedom_Fighter.png