Ok Inf fans heres an update on CTF-INF-Bridge2Far

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok i have been waiting to get to a stage where i felt I could post some shots. Anyway Please give me some feed back on this one i realy want this map to work out.. I know i said this would be released soon but I ended up taking my time with it, so without more time waste here are some shots you will notice the diffrence!!

Hover the mouse on the pics for a discription

[This message was edited by Gullonefox on Jan 04, 2001 at 20:09.]

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I nice chooper shot :)
The buildings in the distance looking to the rive will have window to fire from but they are place at an angle where going prone will cover you completly, the bridge itself will have a lorry jacknifed across the bridge to hinder the view of each team, i also intend on putting paint scratch marks on the barriers and skid marks on the road to make the feeling of crash, put a few boxes around and things like that so dont fret the will be cover, i also must add that the poly cout looking the full stretch it 70 and 50 in other areas, you can also see those little bits jutting out the next shot will show you what they are.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok here is a shot on the bridge with those little hide aways, from this position you reay can lay down supressive fire trust me i hve tried it lol and in the prone position you cant be hit LOL well almost. but the idea for thease is like a half way rester for ppl walking i will put in a small bench to add to the feel!

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok here is a pic of a strret with the little details in... the lighting i am thinking of lowering a little as it bleaches the ground... but i thought i may add a clear blue sky and a bright sun as if to give the effect of a REALY BRIGHT DAY but give you suggestion anyway.. the bins i hane made to give a little cover, when prone behind them you can shoot happly but crouhing leaves you a little open to fire...

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Looking down the rd... I wanted to make the map a little more real so i put some hills in just for the effect.. this street will be the flank street for the attakers.. nice way to get the flag from the sides and rear

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok this is looking the other way up the street and from here you can just see the flag.. that wooden fence will be your ticket to the flag.... But where the flag is will be an entrance to the building which looks straight down the bridge so it wont be easy... BUT this is not the only way in there there are 4 other ways in and out!

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
And this i sthe last pic just showing you the edge of the map, i put some flower beds and seats here with a bin, just as a sorta chill place for the old ppl :)
The buildings in the background! Soz but you wont be able to reach those.. just the to make the map feel as if its not boxing you in... Dose it work???

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Anyway I have bot pathed it but that took up to much mapping time... wanna know why? I coudnt stop bloody playing it, m8 m8 came over and had a go and just couldnt put it down he said the bridge just makes you wanna get across it cos the fighting was so much fun, well anyway i got 2 beta testers leave you icq or mails on this post if you wanna test it with me.. I need 8 now!...

Please give feed back on this It make me work more :)
Just wanna Add the sky box is temp forget it is there :)

Damn more to say hehehe this is the west side the pic of the east wont be shown as i am redoing it all completely(east side that is)so those pics soon! btw acsees to some buildings will be possible!

[This message was edited by Gullonefox on Jan 04, 2001 at 21:10.]

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Simply amazing! You're doing an amazing job, Gullonefox. I couldn't believe it when I saw the first shot.

Is it a CTF map, or are you planning several vesions (TDM, please as well)! What's on the other side of the bridge, or have you gotten to that point yet?

Anywho, I really want to help beta test this one. You can contact me by ICQ (#32595811), or by email (saltorio@yahoo.com). I can't remember if I said I wanted to beta test it before.

DarKNesS_Ptul.jpg

-Infiltration HQ, Graphic Artist
"For you, the end is near.""

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Wow looks good... and real big. Can you actually get on top of any of those buildings?
They'd make sweet sniping spots.

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Looks like it's gonna be a damn fine map!
I just hope you can get across the bridge without being taken down by snipers all the time.

Something tells me that when this gets online that server admins should set the capture limit real low (maybe even 1) :eek:

good job man, and if you happen to need any beta testers, let me know (I'd love to see if I can break it :) )

ZundSig4.gif

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Ok Thanx guys wikked feed back, Umm yeah there will be a team death match version i also will release a dom and if i can assault in the future, and the capture amount yeah set it to one cos its so hard to get but then it would realy be wikked to be the one to get the flag... Ummm well the frame rates eh :) hheheheh it runs like a dream!! there is no slow down the highest poly count is 98 the lowest 50 my max count for mapping is 100 i realy wont go over it it it can be helped!

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
looks damn fine, indeed!
i'm especially impressed by your new textures of the buildings... did you make a new pack or use an existing pack?

-reaper was here-

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
Wow

Geez, how big is that map??
Is it possible to go inside the buildings?

---Mess with the Best...Die like the Rest---
uzi.gif

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
WOW

That looks really awesome Gullonefox, Would love to beta test it.

My ICQ is 66806294

Once again THAT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME and keep up the good work!!

cherry.gif

Offical INF Stoner & Lurker