1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OK, get ready...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Ironword300, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

After a couple of weeks of poking around and trying things, I have a bunch of questions I'm going to scattergun all at the same time, but each one is wholly different, so they all merit their own threads (kind of unfortunately, as I'm going to look like the all-time Infiltration idiot). Nonentheless I'll be most grateful for any and all responses, even "hey, you're a total dweeb for wanting to do this", as long as I get an answer!

--A whole lotta TIA

2. Stinkmarder

Stinkmarder [JgKdo]

Just curious: Will we see you playing online too? There is a good chance to find other people online on one of the coop servers in the late evening (european time).

3. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

No, I'm strictly an SP person, though I have always loved Infiltration--no other "realistic" weapon mod ever offered a SAW, and now there's the M60! And IIRC, I have you directly to thank for the fact that SP is playable via Inf, so a hearty thanks indeed. But I am just not a multiplayer person, so many apologies there--I know that the more time passes, the fewer folks you have.

4. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

We play cooperatively online so it's not PVP. It's basically Single player but with backup. You should give it a shot. I think you'll like it

5. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

I'd have to be a whole lot better than I am in order to hang with anyone online. I love to play but am only occasional, and that means I'm pretty bad. Bots own me on Average, and I know that's not normal! Maybe in six months or so after I've gotten a groove.

6. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

Well we play against unreal monsters instead of bots or other players. Team work is more important than individual skill. It's a great way to learn and there's only five or so of us who log on and we're really casual and friendly about the whole thing. Give it a shot you won't be disappointed I promise. SP is really meant to be played as a team! :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  7. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

I like being a lone wolf--ever since fifth-grade basketball when the only point I made all season was for the other team right after the half-time changeover, I've preferred to be on my own because, frankly, my teamwork stinks! But you're very persuasive. I may well try it out. But frankly cannot right now. Over the past month I've spent so much time getting up a full and stable Inf installation that I've pretty much blown my playtime for the next two months or so, placing some RL deadlines in dangerously tight quarters. And I've never played an online game in my life, which means it would be a whole 'nother learning curve--something I simply cannot undertake at the moment.

I appreciate the friendly invite, though--you're making me think twice about something that I've never previously been interested in doing.