Oicw

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
I don't know the official reason, but most comprehensive explanation I ever got was that they were considered too expensive for the little benefit that they offered.

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
The Vector type are called R4, R5, etc and I need one. A valmet M76 folder would do nicely, though.

On my AKs, when the selector is in "safe", the lever covers the slot behind the ejection port. The selector lever doubles as a dust cover and bolt travel limiter.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by Destructo6
A valmet M76 folder would do nicely, though.

You mean this? Freak.

finnish_ak.jpg

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Tritium is banned in several countries because it's radioactive. Although it's an incredibly mild radiation, it's still radiation, and many laws don't make exceptions for the reasons of the tritium existing, they just ban it. This is the case in Germany and a fairly large portion of Europe, I believe.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
This never ceases to amuse me. Did these countries have watches in the 50s, 60s and 70s? Because they all had tritium in them... If I sell my dad's watch now, will I get arrested for trafficing with radioactive materials? :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any hard data on other countries that don't have tritium night sights on their military hardware because they are radioactive?

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes, sir. That's the beauty. I had a chance to buy a M76 folder for $1200, and like an idiot, I passed. It was immediately after I bought a pre-ban CAR-15 for about $1000.

I'd like a Galil, too, but a parts kit costs almost $1,000 and complete guns have been banned in CA since 1989. Oh well, time to move.