1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oicw

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Holocaust, Feb 9, 2002.

1. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

removed?
    I thought trintium was a "good" thing(?)

2. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

I don't know the official reason, but most comprehensive explanation I ever got was that they were considered too expensive for the little benefit that they offered.

3. Destructo6

Destructo6 8404

The Vector type are called R4, R5, etc and I need one. A valmet M76 folder would do nicely, though.

On my AKs, when the selector is in "safe", the lever covers the slot behind the ejection port. The selector lever doubles as a dust cover and bolt travel limiter.

4. Gholam

You mean this? Freak.

[​IMG]

5. Jantteri

Jantteri Need a target?

Nope. That's an M62.
    Check this site for newer models.

www.valmet-weapons.com

BTW, never saw those metallic magazines during my service, only plastic ones were used.

6. Gholam

Ah, yes, that is an M62, my bad... but M76 uses the same stock (unless you count the non-folding wooden junk).

[​IMG]

7. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Actually in this case, the trit sights were removed because tritium is banned here. Is in Germany too I believe.

8. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Tritium is banned in several countries because it's radioactive. Although it's an incredibly mild radiation, it's still radiation, and many laws don't make exceptions for the reasons of the tritium existing, they just ban it. This is the case in Germany and a fairly large portion of Europe, I believe.

9. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

We americans prefer to shoot folks in the dark :p
    Radiation? BAH!! a few rads is good for the soul.

10. Wolf Being

Wolf Being .

This never ceases to amuse me. Did these countries have watches in the 50s, 60s and 70s? Because they all had tritium in them... If I sell my dad's watch now, will I get arrested for trafficing with radioactive materials? :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any hard data on other countries that don't have tritium night sights on their military hardware because they are radioactive?

11. Destructo6

Destructo6 8404

Yes, sir. That's the beauty. I had a chance to buy a M76 folder for $1200, and like an idiot, I passed. It was immediately after I bought a pre-ban CAR-15 for about $1000.

I'd like a Galil, too, but a parts kit costs almost $1,000 and complete guns have been banned in CA since 1989. Oh well, time to move.

12. Gholam

Uhhh... that folder is just, well, fugly - I have no other word for it. Get a Galil type folder, far more pleasing to the eye :)

13. Destructo6

Destructo6 8404

That folder has a simplicity to it that appeals to me.

It sort of reminds me of the T-stocks for STEn guns.