1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oicw

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Holocaust, Feb 9, 2002.

1. pshyco123456

pshyco123456 New Member

Uhhh HELLO DO YOU WHATCH THE NEWS?? dumbass there is to a OICW and they are on there final tests with it. if there wasn't there would not ben anything on the OICW and i did a damn report on it!

2. Dupre

Dupre Code Pimp

http://www.atk.com/defense/descriptions/products/Shoulder-firedWeapons/oicw-new.htm

"In August 2000, ATK began a Program Definition and Risk Reduction (PDRR) development phase. The purpose of the 48-month PDRR program is to build off the lessons learned from the Proof of Principle Advance Technology Demonstration phase and to evaluate a broad range of design concepts to ensure that the Army has the best combination of OICW features and performance. This phase will lay the groundwork for engineering and manufacturing development, scheduled to begin in 2004. Production is expected to begin in 2008, with delivery of the first weapon systems to selected combat units anticipated the following year."

Careful with your words there. Now, how can the final version of the OICW exist when the PDRR/EMD phase hasn't been complete? Who's the punk now, dumbass. I hope you didn't get a F on your little report.

3. Scythe

Scythe I'd rather die than give you control.

Just a guess, but could the lase button be like the current laser designator for guiding LGBs? Just a thought.

4. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Laser Range finder, no?

Push button to lase something and get range.

If you leave them permamently on, they burn out (they do in Steel Beasts, anyway).

5. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

I think steel beasts shortened the burnout time for gameplay. but Im not sure myself.

6. pshyco123456

pshyco123456 New Member

DUMBASS the OICW is in warfare NOW!

7. pshyco123456

pshyco123456 New Member

If it wasn't it would't show soldiers DUCKING TRAINING WITH IT!

8. pshyco123456

pshyco123456 New Member

ok, maybe its not truely finished BUT its all put together excpet the bugs are not all worked out. over 3 games have it.

SoF2,
    Tactical Ops,
    Delta Force,
    Rouge Spear,
    Covert Operations,
    and Urban Operations.

So why shouldn't INF they are all war games and so is INF. so why not?

9. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

:eek:

May Gob have mercy on your soul...

10. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

Oh ye who lack brain cells. Psycho, you've been beat. Harsh language won't change the fact that you're wrong. Not only wrong, but flagrantly and stupidly wrong. Hmm, maybe your other foot will taste better? Better yet, try mine.

*cough*Dumbass *cough*

LP

11. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

The OICW has not been issued to any troops as a practical piece of equipment. The only troops to handle, let alone fire the OICW are the troops that are performing field tests on it. Same with the Land Warrior system.

Ghost Recon is allowed to have the OICW since it's set in 2008, and the OICW is lated for a 2006 introduction into special units.

Get back in your box you little cum nugget. The OICW is more of a joke than a weapon, and I'm sure the designers at H&K were high, drunk or both when they drew up the plans for it.

As for the FN2000 posted above: It's a weapons system with some potential, we'll see how it turns out, though.

12. l.robert

l.robert New Member

if I play inf, i want feel like a real soldier .
    real soldiers use : M16,M4,MP5,AK's,FAMAS,G36(not sure whats the german army standard rifle,guys ? ) , SA80,SIG551.

and no OICW here!!!!!!!

13. D.Turtle

D.Turtle New Member

The G36 and the G3 are the standard rifles in the German army.

14. l.robert

l.robert New Member

cool turtle:) .
    wow german army use g36 and g3 ! thats good .

what about a new war between Germany and France ? yes FAMAS against g36 and g3 , it gonna ROCKS !

heu.............. no oups i was not serious . :D

15. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Germany would win purely because of the MG3 :)

As far as I'm concerned, the MG3 is second only to the FN MAG.

That aside, the G3 is one of my favourite rifles, but in all honesty, it's somewhat obsolete on today's battlefield. Still beats the OICW though :D

16. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

I REALLY would watch what your saying. You are comming across as a spolit little brat. There are people on these boards whos JOB involves military firearms at a proffessional level. So you wrote a school report, great for you but that doesn't change the fact the OICW MAY become a service weapon in 8 to 10 years time. Not tomorrow, or even next year.

As I said if you want an OICW then go play an FPS that has one, and I notice that some kind soul has even told you where to go. If you want to stay with INF then please do, but tone the attitude down or you may find that people who know a lot more than you may be jumping down your throat.

BTW I don't appreciate being called a dumbass by some snotty nosed American kid who appears to know next to nothing.

17. pshyco123456

pshyco123456 New Member

Hey don't blame a 12 year old for trying :D

18. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

12 year old should pick up some manners before arguing weapons with a guy who spent 20 years as an armorer...:rolleyes:

19. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

no one seems to like american weapons till we kick someones ass with em :rolleyes:
    I think when the oicw finally hits the battlefield, it wont dissapoint.

20. "Kick Ass"?
    Oh you mean like in Vietnam, with the slightly useless at its intended role, M14, or do you mean the jam gun also known as the M16? Or the M60, which held some pretty amazing scores of just being not good...and the OICW certainly dosent have much going for it....