1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oicw

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Holocaust, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Holocaust

Holocaust Duckstrangler

Make the *pfhucking OICW assaultrifle for INF! NOW!!! It would be very nice, since the OICW is a very user friendly weapon. I know yer focusing on realism and that the OICW isn't being used yet, but if INF took place in the near future (2008 for example) it could be IN!

(I don't think anyone would like the "F" word in their forum, therefor I censur it by typing Pfh. The reason why I use Pfh is because the name of an alien specie in Marathon is called Pfhor.)

2. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Patience Daniel-san.

And I doubt you'll get much of a positive reply when making demands.

3. GenoOfTheCrayon

GenoOfTheCrayon l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50

Ahem... please note that new weapons suggestions are disregarded. Also note, that we're focusing on present day military, not six years into the future.

4. KhaliL-45c

KhaliL-45c New Member

In 2101, war was beginning...

5. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Ohh, Marathon, best first person shooter ever :)

Anyways, I this topic has been brought up before unfortunately. OICW will NOT ever be in the game unless it is available in reality. Plus, no one here has ever fired the thing. Would be difficult to get the sounds/ballistics/handling right, and Infiltration is all about detail and specificity.

And Genocide3k is right, weapons suggestions are generally disregarded

6. Holocaust

Holocaust Duckstrangler

Daniel?

Ok, sorry for being demanding, but the OICW is one of the coolest things on this side of the galaxy. But where did u get Daniel from?!:confused:

7. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

Not again please.......

O please not this technical demonstartor, pile of sh!t.

This weapon is too Heavy, too Complicated, too Bulky, too Expensive and most improtantly of all Too bloody Unreliable. I wouldn't trust my life to it and I wouldn't expect help from anyone using one of these things either.

Lets kust stick to putting current or former service weapons into the game. Battle Rifles would be nice, the AKM, more LMGs and SAWs. There are a number of weapons that should be added before this technical pile of crap.

8. GenoOfTheCrayon

GenoOfTheCrayon l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50

I'm right? So do I get a cookie? :D

9. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

You still have to earn your cookie.:D

10. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

M16+m203 is better. I mean, wtf? 20mm nades? Too weak.

11. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

its not the size, ITS HOW YOU USE IT!! :p

12. BrownyMan

BrownyMan Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?

WellÉ

The 20 mm airburst system isn't too bad, but I wouldn't trust an assault rifle with a barrel of 10 inches. But hay if you need cover, aligned vertically I'm sure the thing would cover most of your torso.

13. cl0secall

cl0secall bleh :P

Marathon rocks! :D :D

14. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

NO OICW!

Tiffy pretty much summed it up...and its nowhere close to becoming military-spec.

15. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

TEN INCH BARREL!?!?!?? :eek:
    - Don't. Even though you're not actually saying "fuck" directly (note: due to a very, very, very bad man whom we've long since ousted you will need to use some tricks to say words like "fuck" and "shit" here) the idea of the word (e.g., in direct communication the part that actually matters) is still there in all of its power (or lack thereof), and people will just as easily feel offended (or not)... in the aesthetics of visual prose the misspelling just looks ugly.

16. Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter New Member

what in the 9 hells are you bablling about Aimy? use plain english :D

17. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Obese Idiotic Crap Wagon

18. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

- The above, minus complex, waffling parenthetical addenda and with footnotes to the *ahem* differently gifted :p:

> Even though you're not actually saying "fuck" directly
    - even though you don't say "fuck" but "phuck" or something like that

> the idea of the word is still there in all of its power
    - people reading/listening would still interpret "phuck" as "fuck" but consider you less competent due to a spelling error

> and people will just as easily feel offended...
    - i.e., given that a word cannot exist as such without a conscious entity capable of language to interpret it and impose on the sign/sound/symbol a (more or less) arbitrary meaning...

> in the aesthetics of visual prose the misspelling just looks ugly.
    - IMO, in any case... maybe someone else finds "phuck" a wonderful, beautiful word of great linguistic creativity...

19. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Lets take a look at the OICW...

It's basically a computer, with a shortened G36 underslung to it. It fires $30 20mm Grenades, which can be programmed to do various things. It's also got a built in rangefinder.

All sounds pretty good... but so does the UN. This is evil. A simple rule of firearms design is that the more complex you make something, the better the chance of a f<u></u>uckup. The OICW is not 1337, it is not cool, and it doesn't even look good.

While you're screwing around with the controls to set it, someone just slammed 3 or 4 5.56mm FMJs into your heart. Get over it, it's a toy.

20. Gholam

Gholam Sergeant (Reserve), IDF

The airburst system part, in 40mm or higher caliber, might be useful as a support weapon deployed on a platoon level. OICW techonology demonstrator, however, has no future in it's current form.