Oh look another new guy.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Industryhopeful

Feb 25, 2008
Yep thats right a new guy with a whole lot of new guy questions. Im a graphic design student who really wants to design levels so I was pointed in this sites direction to lern how to mod. It makes sence mod a game then build a game. problem is I know nothing about modding. so my first new guy question is wear do I start? Is there a good book I should pick up? Maybe a turtorial site like all the photoshop ones I have bookmarked. Anyway if you guys and gals could offer a few suggestions I would really apprieciate it.

Oh and heres one for you. I want a Mac Pro, and am with in striking distance. I know Macs can run windows and all that jazz, but if i make mods on the Mac and try to upload them will there be any probems? The guys at the mac store didnt even have an answer for that one.

Industryhopeful

Feb 25, 2008
Is this a step in the right direction

I just ordered a book called mastering unreal technology the art of level design. its a book for modding ut 2004. i thought this might help me bc i cant afford a powerful rig.

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
Welcome to the fold.

The guys here are brilliant. Follow along with Hourences/etc. tutes and things will go fine.

A few guys have also compiled links to well used tutorials.

Industryhopeful

Feb 25, 2008
if only schools were this in depth

man this person really knows their stuff and not only that they are really good at teaching it. The section for ut 2004 will work wonders since ill be there untill my rig can run ut3. Which raises the question do u even have to have a powerful rig to use the editor on ut3, remember Im a console gammer and Ive never played pc games

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
Which raises the question do u even have to have a powerful rig to use the editor on ut3
Yes, if you can't play it you can't map it. But dig into the 2k4 editor, it will help you getting the basics about map layout and the UEd. And there are still a lot of 2k4 players who can help you play test it too. =)