1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Official Minecraft Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Arcturus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

It's a nice cheap way of doing it, just using stone more or less as it's mined.
    Doesn't cost a scrap of coal which is the biggest pain with working in stone.

2. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I'm thinking of getting back on tonight (been a LONG time since I played). Anything I should know?

3. FlashIV

FlashIV King of the Impossible

Well your trees haven't been cut down :) (if those are your signs posted around them) I don't think many of the basics have changed, just some new blocks. There's supposed to be an update tomorrow or Wednesday adding beds and a few other things.

There's a 20min behind-the-scenes look at Minecraft over at GameTrailers today:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/documentary-hd-minecraft/710787?type=flv

4. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

Cool. I think I'll hop on after the update, then. I'm just too damned tired tonight from work :/

5. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

Update, you say?

6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

new game it is going to be beter then mine craft look at the realistic water effectxs and grass and most importently 3D AXE !!!

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLRObjlwhc[/M]

7. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

Wow, the creator of that game is being such a jackass by acting like he can't understand why people are flaming him. Check out their website -- he's a complete asshole.

8. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Can you just tell us how he's an asshole instead? I can't find much on the main website. I don't understand why people would be flaming him either. :con:

Reading just a few of his comments and the thread he made on minecraft forums, he seems like a nice guy just having to bother with fending off self righteous retards claiming copyright and not knowing anything about copyright OR minecraft's origins. :lol:

Edit:
    About the server:
    There hasn't been a lot of activity on the server recently, also I've been getting a crap load of glitches and bugs with the recent server builds. I think I'll probably just not run the server for the next couple of days until a minecraft update is released along with an updated modded server build. It might be up a little during the day though. Depends.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  9. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

So, to recap..
    Notch made a clone of something he liked (Infiniminer), became incredibly popular with it, two others then make clones of his clone, attempting to cash in on the current block craze?

Oh wait, the 'FortressCraft' video's by "Keemstar" and "Federation of assholes".. Now I know why they're flaming that game. :D

10. shadow_dragon

Looks like the update is out now. :)

Apparently beds are made from 3xwool on 3xplanks and does what it says on the tin in singeplayer at least.
    The new lighting is pretty nifty too, looks odd placing torches in niches in the wall because the wool at the back doesn't light up... Wierd! Everything else looks nicer but a bit darker generally.

11. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Cool, I'm about to start up the vanilla server in like 10 mins and try it out. Depends how long this map stuff takes.

12. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Yea... Watching the "This is Fortress Craft" video on Youtube has me shaking my head
    This especially: Though similar to minecraft, it gives you much more capabilities!
    Ya, it's Minecraft with prettier graphics

I haven't even played Minecraft and this FortressCraft looks like an exact ripoff

13. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

So apparently the map is supposed to update as you go. I can't check though because I need to be able to log on. :(

There are some people in the server but I have no idea who.

I turned off the server for now though.

14. shadow_dragon

What do you mean? The save file conversion? That's done before it's loaded.

15. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

16. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

Ahh, so there WAS an update :D

Just a heads-up, I have updated the SineCraft texture set to be compatible with Minecraft Beta 1.3. The new textures and item icons have been edited to match the set. I don't know if any of you guys use it, but if you do the release thread is still here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=131223&p=2757562#p2757562

EDIT: If any of you are using release v8, this is just an FYI that release v8.2 is now up. You might want to grab it because I accidentally left one of the new blocks out in release v8.

By the way, here's a preview of the full set. It should go without saying, but don't attempt to use this as your terrain.png file, as it WILL NOT work.

[SCREENSHOT]http://sadpanda.us/images/378008-3RV7XSR.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  17. FlashIV

FlashIV King of the Impossible

I like the fact that sandstone is naturally occuring now. I don't like that stone slabs now require a LOT more time to make, time for some serious coal hoarding to smelt all that cobblestone.

What's the status on the server? I haven't logged in for a few days.

18. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

What I want from a texture pack now is a sandstone texture that makes it look more natural. A texture of bricks and stuff like that appearing naturally everywhere is pretty bad looking IMO... Dungeons and lava meeting water excused...

19. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

And why shouldn't it be?

My non-issues with that video is:

a) 5x HDR doesn't "better" make. That video looks hideous, and if fortresscraft's gonna be like that, then block engine and even minecraft itself will beat it by far.

b) it's keemstar praising it. self-proclaimed star of halo, though most commonly referred to as the halo dramaqueen.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  20. inferyes

inferyes Spaced In

Bought minecraft yesterday and I must say its probablly the best 20 dollars I've spent on a game sense amnesia