Official Google+ Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Well considering Android was made by google and the iPhone is their competition...

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I knew a girl that would "poke" me every day. We did this back and forth for over a year. It was never brought up when we hung out together.. but I always wondered why she did this every day. Nobody else did.

Had that happen too although I didn't know the person. Apparently poking someone on facebook is the equivalent of teasing someone.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I knew a girl that would "poke" me every day. We did this back and forth for over a year. It was never brought up when we hung out together.. but I always wondered why she did this every day. Nobody else did.

I have a similar thing.

One day when i was bored i decided to poke everyobody on my friends list to see who'd poke back and i just retaliated everytime i got a return poke. It's boiled down to one friend now whio's been poking me back for abut two years now.

But yeah it's pointless i was only joking when i asked tbh.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrFTAqo_is&feature=player_embedded[/m]

I find it odd that you would feel socially adept enough to even comment on the usefulness of a new social network since you won't even post a picture of yourself here. If you don't have many friends in real life and most of your friends are from internet forums (the primary place you communicate with them and people in general) then of course you couldn't make the connection as to why a social network is useful. Those of us that have establish a RL network of friends over the years, but because of jobs, relationships, etc. are spread out around the world, social networks are a great way to stay in touch.

Since you said you don't use any social networks, it also says you really don't understand them. Shit you can't even post a picture of yourself in the Picture of You Thread because of some strange social hangup, you really should STFU and STFO.:)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I think Neonite is very conscious about privacy issues. Passing up the possibility of a meet-up in real-life despite spending gaming time together indicates to me that he's also wary of being in touch with people he doesn't know in real-life. This might actually indicate a given personality type that is selective with the people in their social spheres.

(@Neonite: Soz about mentionning you in the third person)

P.S: I'm getting poked by a 40-something woman on Facebook right now. What do I do :eek: ?

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I find it odd that you would feel socially adept enough to even comment on the usefulness of a new social network since you won't even post a picture of yourself here. If you don't have many friends in real life and most of your friends are from internet forums (the primary place you communicate with them and people in general) then of course you couldn't make the connection as to why a social network is useful. Those of us that have establish a RL network of friends over the years, but because of jobs, relationships, etc. are spread out around the world, social networks are a great way to stay in touch.

Since you said you don't use any social networks, it also says you really don't understand them. Shit you can't even post a picture of yourself in the Picture of You Thread because of some strange social hangup, you really should STFU and STFO.:)

Well what a tirade. :D. Eh no BBA, I just found it to be a funny movie.
Wasn't meant as an attack on anyone. Just fun. Isn't it?

Please spare me :D

And oh yes, I did meet a bufer in real life Azura. And I don't spend my life on the internet, the world outside is far too interesting.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
And oh yes, I did meet a bufer in real life Azura. And I don't spend my life on the internet, the world outside is far too interesting.

You did? Who was it? Also I'd imagine so. Unless mistaken you said you were working in a museum sometime ago. If that's the sort of job that interests you then it reflects a certain level of curiosity.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Sometime ago.

En iets (alles?) anders is topgeheim :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• a-long-time-ago-in-a-galaxy-far-far-away-black-demotivational-poster-1267847691.jpg
    a-long-time-ago-in-a-galaxy-far-far-away-black-demotivational-poster-1267847691.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Well what a tirade. :D. Eh no BBA, I just found it to be a funny movie.
Wasn't meant as an attack on anyone. Just fun. Isn't it?

Please spare me :D

If it was just that video alone it would be fine, earlier in the thread you indirectly called everyone sheep for signing up. This I food odd as I would figure you would like it since you want show your actual face in the picture of you thread. Why is that? What do you have to hide?

Has anyone tried this hangout app?
I've been trying using it in public but i'm not quite sure who exactly gets my invitation...

Yeah, I use it all the time with friend's. It performs on par with Skype. We should do one large BUF hangout sometime. It could be fun or turn into a huge train wreck.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Hmm, some interesting points on here, but I'm coming at Google+ in the same way that I'll use something like Flickr, 500px or Deviant Art...as a way of promoting my work and driving traffic to my site.
Facebook has the reach for this, but OMFG it does awful things to images with it's dreadful compression. Besides this, it's an ugly, ugly site.
Google+ really looks to have been well thought out when it comes to image sharing, and it's being pretty widely taken up by photographers. At the end of the day, if it gets more traffic to my site, then that's a good thing....I don't really intend to use it as a social network site.

This is my page there btw https://plus.google.com/110496766018154274341/posts still very bare as I only set it up yesterday. I've still got a couple of invites left if anyone wants one.