Official Gears Forum Open

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Epic has launched its official Gears of War forum. You can reach it via the direct link or through the Gears website. (thanks, wowbagger)

In other Gears of War news, Joystiq is featuring a Q&A with the main man, CliffyB.
Joystiq: Epic's gotten a lot of flak for comments made about the Revolution for being graphically inferior. After E3, the consensus was that the first person control could be great.Although you haven't had a chance to play it, do you know if Epic's planning anything?

Cliff: We're currently talking with Nintendo. It's not really my department to pontificate on other people's system and comments that the wonderful Mark Rein will make occasionally to upset the fans. Again, I reserve judgment of the Wii until I get hands on with it. I was very judgmental about the DS until I actually got to play hands-on with it and I love Trauma Center and stuff like that.

You know what, Nintendo is zigging while everyone else is zagging and they'll be just for it. I give them props for doing something different. My advice to anybody developing a first person shooter for the Revolution is: even though you have a new way to control and make a new FPS you still need a cool, compelling FPS underneath that. [Control] is only one of five things that you need. Give us a Half-Life 2 with those controls and I'll be first in line to buy it.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, I saw the forum earlier. One of the Epic guys said in the GoW forum that they're in the process of transfering UT2007 to that forum as well, so there will finally be a official place to talk about the game.

borsdy

Apr 12, 2004
I thought they'd add to this crappy one http://forums.epicgames.com/

edit: Alrighty
Joe Wilcox said:
The current plan is that in time we will be migrating support for all of our games to this forum. There is however, no ETA on when that will happen. Making cool games comes first!

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Very cool :) I really didn't like those other forums, they weren't user friendly at all.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
hal said:
You know what, Nintendo is zigging while everyone else is zagging and they'll be just for it. I give them props for doing something different. My advice to anybody developing a first person shooter for the Revolution is: even though you have a new way to control and make a new FPS you still need a cool, compelling FPS underneath that. [Control] is only one of five things that you need. Give us a Half-Life 2 with those controls and I'll be first in line to buy it.
Why couldn't Mark Rein say this? lol! Most of the games Nintendo showed were quirky and uncomfortable with the controller. It is a great idea, but if all they can do is make games with interesting controls now, they aren't going to push more units.

Mætlöaff

Apr 10, 2004
img378.imageshack.us
I will say, though, I've seen more things for the Wii that spark my interest than any other platform at E3 this year. On the Wii front there's the new zelda, red steel, mario galaxy, new SSB, excite truck. On the 360, only really Gears stuck out. PS3 was laughable, the new FF and MGS look interesting, but not enough to pay 600 dollars for. For PC there was basically Spore and UT2007.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
hal said:
Ok so there's only SupCom and Spore for the pc.
The rest seems to be more of the same old stuff with improved graphics.

GoW looks good, but I'd still would like to play it for real before buying.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
The Jackal-XMP said:
Stupid gmail, yahoo, and hotmail won't work. Best find yourself a new address to sign up on it.
Yahoo and Hotmail being on their ban list I understand.
GMail, I understand, but really don't like

Hell, I use my gmail for everything. Here, INA, SC, UnrealPlayground, Omnipotents, deviantart, NBS forum, Excessive, Community Reload, Chaos, COR, UnionCityBlue, etc, etc

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Gmail is still invitation only, though. And MANY MANY MANY people use it as their main email.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Sir_Brizz said:
Gmail is still invitation only, though. And MANY MANY MANY people use it as their main email.
I have 13 gmail addys set up for different things, and at least 4 of them have 90+ invites left
Wouldn't be hard for a spammer or assclown to just invite themself to gmail and start up a new one

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You could say that about any e-mail service, tbfh... Comcast gives you 5 email addresses, what's to stop you from making a crap one? Earthlink gives you 8 email adresses.... the list goes on. On top of that, anyone that knows someone that has a web server or works for an ISP can do the same, there's really no getting around it. That doesn't keep the most popular spam accounts from appearing on Hotmail and Yahoo. I would bet less than 1% of spam accounts live on Gmail servers.