Official bot config menu whine thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Why people get so upset about this? I personally stopped caring about UT taunts since UT and always had it turned off ever since.

What's needed to remedy this, is an option similar to the Announcements options in the Audio settings which has Full, Minimal, and None. This way players that want it on like myself can do so and players like yourself that don't want to hear them can turn them off. Problem solved.

It's just a matter of personal preference, for me there's just too much dead air without it & I feel like I'm playing Quake, not UT.

Plus, there was some cool custom voicepacks for original UT with some great taunts like the Duke Nukem voice pack. Being on the wrong end of some of those taunts would really get your dander up.

But, it's tough to bring those in to UT3 now, & what would be the point if no one can hear them that wants to hear them.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Why people get so upset about this? I personally stopped caring about UT taunts since UT and always had it turned off ever since.

Why does the server browser need fixes? i don't care about it, why does there need to be more WAR maps? i rarely play it, why should the vehicals be there? i like the on-foot combat better...

Lets can the self absorbed attitudes please, UT3 should be a game that appeals to all manner of UT fans, thats what i want, i want it to be a good UT, one that appeals the both Onliners and Offliners, to both CTF players, InstaGib junkies, WAR fans and TDM players etc etc, to people who like and who don't like Bright SKins, or taunts, or spawn protection, and all the other things that has been a staple of the UT series for more than a decade now.

Just give us the options and let the player decide, thats the UT way, and lets have that back please!

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
....UT3 should be a game that appeals to all manner of UT fans....

There ^^^. Read that a few times over folks & let it sink into your brain housing group.

Now some of you can stop asking questions about why other people want certain things for UT3 that were a staple in previous editions of UT, but are now MIA with the current edition.

EDIT: I also noticed that there's one other thing missing in 2.0 that was there 1.3 & that was getting congratulated by my bot teammates for nailing an enemy flag carrier in CTF & VCTF. I have yet to hear that in 2.0.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It is not my taunts, I repeat I hear bots taunting....and I thought there was option somewhere to turn it all off or on...

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
It is not my taunts, I repeat I hear bots taunting....and I thought there was option somewhere to turn it all off or on...

Ok. but tell us, do you ever hear an enemy bot taunt one of your bot teammates? I have yet to hear that in patch 2.0 whereas it was quite prevalent in 1.3. I haven't heard an enemy bot taunt, unless I get fragged by one. This is in Team-based gametypes. I do hear them in Betrayal & it may work in free-style DM as well.

AFAIK, there has never been an option to turn it on or off.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ah now I see what you mean, yes it happens to me too. there should be option for sure....even for other things

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
if you had truly stopped caring you wouldnt have replied... 'nuff said. ;)

I don't hate the taunts and respect people's taste for them, but people saying they go back to 1.3 because they can't hear their taunts is just laughable.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I am probably one of those few people that never bothered at changing voices for my chosen characters.

I find it completely unnecessary compared to a bot config menu.
Then you have never known the pure joy of playing a match between Mr. Spock, Dr. Smith, Chewbacca, and Fred Sanford.

Also, for me the Bot Config was in UT2k4 was totally neccessary to offset the lazy tendency of custom model makers to completely max out the statistics of all their bots making them into supra-Loque aimbots even on lower skill settings and unbalancing any botmatch they were in.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Gamespy login hangups, gameplay doesn't feel the same, stuttering on XP 64 bit, and the already aforementioned issue -- shall I go on?

Plus the list of suggestions I posted, but I agree with you, I have same problems.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade as far as patch 2.0 goes, as I've said before, if it enhances your UT3 gaming experience -- that's perfectly OK with me.

By the same token, why should I compromise, if I don't play online, and 1.3 gives me the better gaming experience, I don't see where it's etched in stone that I have to use 2.0. I do have a 2.0 patched copy on my hard drive, but only for Greed & Betrayal.

Did 2.0 provide configurable Bot options as the thread title suggests? Nope.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Also, for me the Bot Config was in UT2k4 was totally neccessary to offset the lazy tendency of custom model makers to completely max out the statistics of all their bots making them into supra-Loque aimbots even on lower skill settings and unbalancing any botmatch they were in.

That's very true, hell knows that more than half the models and skins i've downloaded for 2k4 came with stats that where allmost maxed, making them woefully unbalanced in any match untill i tweaked them myself.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I do have a 2.0 patched copy on my hard drive, but only for Greed & Betrayal.

Same for me, with titan. I just couldn't care less about their gimmick stuff. And i barely play Betrayal if at all. Greed on the other hand is awesome.

I suggest you try MapMixer
It has a decent bot manager, I just can't get to like UT without it ATM.

Sinx is really nice of a person, really open to suggestions and ideas, might want to mail him about what you'd like to see.