1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

official .50 projectile penetration fix !

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Beppo, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

As posted here already, there is a problem with a value for the .50 projectiles within INF 2.9 that affects the penetration capabilities of the Robar RC.50 and the M2HB. Both actually use the values that the M16, FA MAS aso are using too and that was a little copy/paste fault I guess.

Anyway, the official fix for this is attached in the form of a little mutator.
    The .50 projectiles should now manage to pass thru ~40 units of Unreal space on standard material.

[EDIT] final version attached ! tested off and online ... no crashs and working properly! [/EDIT]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  2. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

I tried to load this on my servers and it keeps GPFing the clients. One surefire way to see this is to load the mutie. Connect to the server. Then just spray with the Sig-551. I have never gone through a full clip without a GPF.

Sorry that I did not get the GPF message, but I took it off the server as quick as I could. If you need the message, let me know and I will set up a private server and repro the failure.

Shan

3. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

any progress on this?

4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

shoot trough walls?

cool

5. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

What is GPF?

6. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

general protection fault i believe

7. [C22]-Dragoon

[C22]-Dragoon Catch-22 Clan leader

Confirmed. I joined a map, SIG didnt even shoot one bullet got GPF, then joined back again and could empty many clips, voted another map, emptied few clips and GPF. Server doesn't seem to mind about it.

Log:

Says "Critical: (BSProj)", could this mutator overlap with bulletsounds? Atleast our server is running BulletSounds3.

Code:
    Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: INFc_CHSoldier EAS-INF-Tuscany.INFc_CHSoldier4
    ScriptLog: Getting INF_cFaces001.Face_NoStrap_Arab1, INF_cCamosGreen.Arms_Green, INF_cCamosGreen.Torso_Green_Boonie, INF_cCamosGreen.Legs_Green
    ScriptLog: Getting INF_cGear.Gear_Green_1, INF_cCamosGreen.Arm_Green, None, None
    Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
    Critical: (BSProj)
    Critical: InitialClientActor
    Critical: UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch
    Critical: (Actor None)
    Critical: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch
    Critical: Direct
    Critical: UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch
    Critical: DispatchDataToChannel
    Critical: BunchData
    Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket
    Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket
    Critical: UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
    Critical: UpdatePreNet
    Critical: ULevel::Tick
    Critical: (NetMode=3)
    Critical: TickLevel
    Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
    Critical: UpdateWorld
    Critical: MainLoop
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: DirectDraw End Mode
    Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Exiting.
    Here is the error, hope it helps:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  8. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

My server is running BSG3 too.

9. Beppo

please check out the new version attached in the 1st post... thx

10. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

I tried it on my local machine. It instantly crashed my client after connect.

Client log:
    Server Log:
    I added it to the serverpackages as well as to the startup commandline.

BTW: I've never seen a simulated event PostBeginPlay in a mutator like this.

Attached Files:

11. Beppo

has no influence...

I guess the SpawnNotify was added two times... new version attached above.

12. Beppo

final version attached above!
    I have tested this one off and online ... no crashs and everything was working properly.

sorry for the mix up...

13. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Sorry Beppo, but it will not be the final version.

I tested the latest one here and it is still messed up.

Penetration values:
    M16 9/4
    PSG 12/6
    RC50 11/9

For some reason, the robar doesn't penetrate as many 1 UU plates as the psg.

14. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

i tried unloading an entire box of ammo from the m2hb, and not a single round penetrated thin handrails on a catwalk.

15. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Does it really have such devastating effects on the gameplay?

16. sir_edmond

sir_edmond In my own world

should the 50 cal go strait through the targets at the shooting range? if it should, i will say: Beppo, we have a problem

17. sublime

sublime Cynic

Wow.

Wow, you're pretty damned presumptuous, aren't you? I was unaware that he was at your beck and call. Neat.

18. Beppo

Well, I tested the newest and final version (maybe double check you grabbed the correct one) offline and online and it penetrates way more than the PSG or M16s aso.
    And I'm not the only one who tested the newest version ... [101st]_Lich got the following results for example:
    Code:
    UU        1      2      3     4
    Robar    18+    14     12    10
    PSG      12     10      8     7
    Please check this stuff on standard walls... no metal or whatever textures for example... they affect the penetration of course.

Oh and make sure the mutator IS actually running at all... you can find a SpawnNotify log entry like this one here in your log file then:
    Code:
    ScriptLog: INF_50FixSpawnNotify added: EAS-INF-ACityBlock2.INF_50FixSpawnNotify0
    And before you speculate about the map name... I used ACityBlock for my test setup with several floating walls of different sizes in the underground garage and simply named the test version ACityBlock2.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  19. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

I Downloaded it and redownloaded it. The version you have posted in the beginning of this thread does not work on my version of INF. I ran INF_50FIX and the RC50 does not penetrate 1 UU plates as well as the psg. I don't see why the texture matters (I would assume the material variable affects all weapons equally), but I tested several textures and got the same result.

@sublime
    Gimme a break. Don't get mad at me because your beta team let errors like this slip through. I am a rabid fan of INF and I like stats, so I enjoy testing things like this, I am not some troll from another forum coming here to bash INF. You really need to direct that angst somewhere else.

20. sublime

sublime Cynic

I see. It couldn't be the fact that you come across like a pompous ass in every post you make, could it? You might not know this, but your tone really makes people dislike you even if what you say is valid. You're probably blissfully unaware as to just how many people don't like you for your attitude alone, and that's fine, so long as you're happy, however your utter lack of tact does not make up for the fact that you're a community member and not some outside troll. Your posts still make you sound like a total ass.

Demanding Beppo fix something, which is what you did, in essense, is just a case in point. I could find scores of others if I wanted to look, but I have better things to do with my time.

Now, did we miss some things? Sure. Nobody's perfect, not even you. Now, you may chalk this post up to angst as well, if it helps you sleep at night. I call it calling a spade a spade and I sleep just fine.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004