1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oblivion, amazing footage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rostam, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/702/702493/vids_1.html

Watched the first one and downloading the others. It is looking very good. All I wanted was a new morrowind, looks like this will be a whole lot more.

edit:
    The third one cracked me up because of the thing with the dog. So even if you don't want to see them all, make sure you don't miss out on that third trailer.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Mr. HotDog

Mr. HotDog [Insert Text Here]

people are not gonna see that kind of quality unless they own a high-def plasma or LCD tv

3. ravens_hawk

ravens_hawk New Member

Sorry what?
    What does the type of monitor have to do with the quality they see? Also consider that you saw the video, at best, at 640*380 or standard TV letterbox, not even dvd quality.
    And if played on a highdef screen your still only going to get 1280 x 720 (720p) or 1920 x 1080 (1080i.) More likely the former, rather than the latter, as interlaced is prone to artifacts. Both of which are lower than what most PCs display (consider if you’re going to shell out a couple of grand for a -1080i- HDTV you can probably afford a good monitor.) Of course this has nothing to do with the quality, which has to do the game engine and system its run on (i.e. the xbox360 or PC.)

4. [UMC]Boron

[UMC]Boron UMC's Official Drunkard

Yeah I have a single file about 20 minutes in length that has this footage. Found it earlier today on the ol' internet.

5. Rostam

**** graphics, you are missing the entire point.

6. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Graphics can add to the atmosphere and I think they do in this case. However the way the NPCs interact is awesome and this looks like a game I'd buy for that alone even if the game as such would turn out to be realy bad. I also now have an estimate for when I'm going to upgrade my PC again. ;)

Oh and Inf:Oblivion anyone. :D

7. Rostam

Hadmar, I actually thought that too when the guy threw something (a skull?) to activate a trap. I kept thinking, wow what an engine. Add some iron sights and you're done :p

8. 2_SeeK_U

2_SeeK_U uni.... meh...

EXACTLY! Who gives a **** if a game has great graphics, it has to have gameplay. I still play my DC ocasionally because it has some great games (especially with the fishing rod :D ).
    I can't say l don't fall in love with games because of the graphics though!! I mean l can't wait to get tiger woods for the xbox 360... whenever its out here in australia :(.

9. [UMC]Boron

I agree. I was going to buy it (Tiger Woods 06) for the normal box, but then I was like wait a sec, just hold on a couple months and buy it for the 360. Unfortunately I couldn't do the same for Madden 06, I had to have it. At least I know my NFL team can win when im the coach (MN Vikings...god dammit)

10. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

This is more or less a sexy version of morrowind. All the new features gameplay wise are available for morrowind through mods, although not as sophisticated. I commend Bethesda for using their community as a resource. The communitie's innovation has made it into the newest Elder Scrolls game. That in itselt is impressive. I am defintetly going to buy a new PC just for this game. I want it to run full frames and highest quality when this bitch comes out!

Their not going to include horses to the disappointement of the community but I'm sure a mod will come out like the one for morrowind.

As far as story line, I don't expect it to be stellar. But the nagain the story isn't why I loved MOrrowind. It was makng my own story that made it so sweet.

11. Mr. HotDog

I ment see that kind of quality WHEN THEY BUY THE GAME AND PLAY IT ON THEIR TELEVISIONS :rolleyes:

12. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

I'm so impressed by the enemy NPCs that stand there - 'attacking' me with easily recognizable patterns.

'Next Generation' indeed.

13. Mr. HotDog

And the deer animations were pure ass

14. Rostam

Shut up about the graphics already.

Crac, fighting looked silly in morrowind as well. I don't like the way blocking is so effective in these trailers but I have a feeling things will become more difficult in the final version. I'm not too fussed about the combat system, I've always been more concerned with the way I would take down enemies (preferably with a bow from a distance or staff from close, no magic or swords) than actually fighting them. It's all about the characters anyway. That said having the fighting system look a bit more like Thief would still wet my pants, fighting with a sword was a pleasure in that game.

15. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

I noticed the blocking as well but if you noticed his health wouldn't even budge when he got hit. I think for demo purposes his character was maxed out on everythnig.

I can't say I'm excited about the fighting system but I can't say I'm dissappointed either. I knew this was going to happen. Usually if the combat system is good, that's usually because they spent all their time developing it.

16. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

People come on... the combat is stupid looking? HAVE you played the first morrowind?! This is SOO much better than morrowinds combat. The animations are decent, and you control your blocking. You also can control your sword. I really dont see how the combat system is crappy... at all. It's a lot more polished and better looking than a lot of other games.

17. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

They should use Die By The Sword VSIM sword control :D

18. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

And that's supposed to comfort me - how?

Most games are balls. That isn't saying much.

19. [UMC]Boron

You could do the exact same thing in Morrowind. Depending on your movement and the weapon button, your strike of the sword would be different.

20. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

hawt.
    Definitely hawt.