OBJ LOAD woes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dryn

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
/nods

I accidentally did that once; hard to find, as one intuatively doesn't think there would be code in your texture package, etc.

glad to hear it worked out for you!

pingz

Aug 2, 2003
I'm having what seems to be the exact same issues as the original poster. Can someone explain how this 'code' gets injected into your texture or sound packages? Does UCC do this somehow or would i have had to have done something myself? How exactly do you fix it... does my artist need to recreate all the textures in the package again from scratch?

pingz

Aug 2, 2003
Ok... a concrete example... this fails:

Code:
MyActor.Skins[0] = Combiner'XGameTextures.superpickups.AdrenalineInnerP';

With the UCC error...

Code:
Error: C:\blah\blah\MyPackage\Classes\blah.uc(37) : Error, Can't find Combiner 'XGameTextures.superpickups.AdrenalineInnerP'

The texture does exist in XGameTextures.uax ... so why can't i reference it? Even adding an #exec doesn't help...

Code:
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\Textures\XGameTextures.utx

Now this does work....

Code:
MyActor.Skins[0] = Combiner'XGameTextures.superpickups.MHBubblesC';

Why would one resource in a standard UT2K3 package work and another not? Please enlighten me! =)