Nyc Lan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
ok ppl.... we tried this last time and it didn't work out... but now i'm determined to make this happen.... i have a place lined up in brooklyn that might be able to hold one

this thread is only to see who would be interested.... i don't know about prices yet, but i do know that if bringing your own computer is a problem, the place does have 10 in-house computers that can be used... i'm also planning on doing this end of march-beginning of april before my spring break ;)

it would be held in brooklyn although i'm trying to see if there's anything else in manhatten that would be doable.... and it would also be a noon-noon weekend thing although this could be subject to change....

all i want now are responses from people who are interested.... also if you're very interested in that there's a 90% chance of you going, please say so... if you have suggestions or advice feel free to pass em along..... my email is hanp@flashcom.net if you have any questions....

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
I'M THERE

ill most likely be able to come. i live in new york city so its very convinient for me.

a friend of mine who lives nearby says he will be able to make it as well

W00T!!!

Ghostgeek][

Tomb Renter
Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by ~Cobra~
the more the merrier, unless you have to use the comps there ;) and anyone is welcome....

sign me up..ill bring my own box
and thanks.

When we get close to your spring break post here. :)

Enigmatic Terror

HONK IF YOU LOVE JUSTICE!!!
May 11, 2000
PA
If you'd like, I could pass this info over to MyUnreal. Quite a few are from NYC and would probably be interested.

I'm interested also, NYC is only about 1-2 hrs driving from my place. I'll bring my own system, and I'll need directions :D

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
oh MyU! hell yeah, pass the message along...

this is all just preliminary stuff just to see how many are interested... once i get an idea on how many might come, i'll get a site running explaining the details... basically i didn't want to have to go through the trouble if there were only 10 people.... i'm shooting for at least 20 but 30-40 is what i'm looking for, and if with PuF, MyU and the ETG folks it looks like we can get that.... if for any reason we get full (capacity is 50 from what i'm told), then i'll set up some registration thing to take care of that, but i doubt that'll happen.....

the next step will be to find out when ya'll be available as i want this to be convenient timewise for the college folks and for the ppl who have work... if you haven't stated otherwise, i'm assuming end of march - early april is good for everyone so far... if that conflicts with anyone please say so...

for now, just get the word out.... i'm trying to get a site up so all the specifics can be put there once i get it all together... but i'm not too good at that, so if anyone wants to help out, try and get in contact with me... icq=45411166....

[MUTTS] Das

Mar 13, 2000
I could make it, I'm sure.

I have my own PC, but I don't know that I'd be able to bring it...you know....living in Manhattan, got-no-wheels and all....

If my apartment was bigger, I'd say I'd host, but I don't think so...we could probably do a lan party of two, though... :)

But if you've got the place, save me some space!

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
NYCGrrrrrl, right now it's looking like it's definately on and more info will be up very shortly and most likely it will be during the weekend.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
The ruff one will be there hopefully. Im from North NJ :p.

Cobra: I have determined I will have a new car by than... but I don't think I wanna drive a stick in the city again. Is the neighbor hood safe? Or should I leave the subs at home? Also, any decent hotels in the area? We can throw a big drunken orgy in my room :).

PS: Dont forget I need a computer! I dont wanna have my peice of shit there lol.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
That is another thing I need to know cobey. What hotel will it be at and is there parking there? I may be driving up and don't think I want to get my rental towed or stolen. :D

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
i'm not too sure, if there are any hotels in the immediate area of that place but i'll check into it. i know for sure there is a hotel 3 blocks from my house and it's about a 20-30 min drive from the lan place, but i'll look for something closer....

ruff: it's a residential area and one of the few rules the guy told me was not too much noise.... subs = no :D sorry

all other information will be posted on the site... me and a friend are still working on it and we just kinda through a quick one together last nite... it'll be updated every few days but the big update with all the important info will be posted on Monday Feb 26th. on the site, not here.. but feel free to post any questions and ideas but try to goto the LoL forums over at www.prounreal.com... it's a little less cluttery and easier to navigate....

for now... just keep spreading the word about the lan... also if you said you had a friend coming, he/she needs to sign up too, i need an approximate head count in a couple of weeks...

Registration starts March19th so hurry! :D