now WTF happened!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the_end

Jun 28, 2005
What the f*ck? Server was running PERFECTLY, I did not change ANY settings AT ALL. Whenever I would start the server, it would first start and then very quickly say PreClientTravel, and then restart again with the mutators for each specific gametype. Well now, it will almost 95% of the time not say PreClientTravel, and it does not restart with the mutators. HOWEVER, if I continue to restart it, it will eventually say PreClientTravel on about the 20th try, so I thought it was fixed. I restarted it again just to be sure, and WTF?? No PreClientTravel! I have discovered that it only says PreClientTravel in one out of every twenty five times the server is started. WTF IS CAUSING THAT?? It was working perfectly not even 30 minutes ago! I tried restarting the computer to see if that would help, but no. What the hell??? How am I susposed to get my mutators working??? Is this a known bug and is there any way to fix it?? Please help me asap, this is driving me insane!!

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
this is shurly not a known bug, i guess, it is no bug at all. Please tell us, how you start your server, and links to a startup-file (if existing), your ut2004.ini and ut2vote51.ini would be helpfull.

the_end

Jun 28, 2005
Well for some strange reason the bug seems to have gone away by itself. I run the server with FireDaemon, here is the starup string:
ucc server VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004?Game=xGame.xVehicleCTFGame?Mutator=UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX -log=server.log -ini=Server.ini
Here is the Server.ini:
Protocol=ut2004 ProtocolDescriptio... ClanBluScore=0 ClanRedGames=0 ClanBluGames=0

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
first i would try NOT to supress warnings and errors, if it comes to problems and then, if the problem comes up again, have a look at the log, if there is something of information.

next, in vctf you gave VCTF-0HR-Stairwells as default map. Personally i wouldnt use a map with 2 "-" in it's name as standard.

next, the mutator is called "edo_chute1.ed o_MutChute", this can't be correct, and i guess, thats the troublemaker. Ther can't be a space in the mut-class-name, please check that. The server won't find it and will crash, and as you have suppressed warnings and errors, you won't notice that.

please check that one.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Regarding the pre-client travel and re-initializing of UT2Vote when your server starts, this is determined by:
LevelEndTime= (some huge figure)

What you are doing is restarting your server to quickly.
If you want to do that then set this value to: LevelEndTime=0 just before restarting the server.