Now that's a big package!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Someone asked something like that on this thread http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=137460 some time ago but I don't believe they could do it. First off you'd have to get permission from every author as most wouldn't allow their models/skins to be repackaged. I can't even imagine the size of a pack like that 'xGB' but even if they were all together you might then not be able to open the zip unless you have an ultra uber computer...

Short answer - no, sorry. Refer to that thread for the ones ppl reckon are the best though as they're all worth looking at... Then, from there just go through the SkinCity pics and choose any others you want - that's the best advice I can give, Leahcim.

Hope that helps :D

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
-A][A-Leahcim said:
is it at all possible to download all skins in one huge, jumbo package?
One huge SkinCity-Package with all Skins and Models would be 4.4 GB.
So , it´s impossible.And remember you have a lot of skins you don´t want in that package.

Cantar

Jun 26, 2004
hate to bring up old thread but isnt there something server side scripting could do maby not all at once but maby for each model type for example xan if you clicked on him then there would be a pull down menue and with all/indvidual and if ya select all the server would tell the hosting server to package all xan skins and send them

guess that would be a pain in the ass though cus who ever writes the data base would have to enter in every new xan skin into the data base

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I haven't heard or come across anything like that Cantar - It's an interesting idea... SaD's database is like that. I think it's better though that you can just download any you want and disregard the ones you don't. Personally I'm kinda tired of connecting to servers that send outdated mutators, bad maps, whatever. So much so I changed the line in ut2004.ini from AllowDownloads=True to AllowDownloads=False ;)

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Cantar said:
guess that would be a pain in the ass though cus who ever writes the data base would have to enter in every new xan skin into the data base

Don´t know if that works .I have a folder on the ftp that mirrors all files to different locations (Fileworks with mirrors) and that script comes from BeyondUnreal.I´m sure the serverowner of the mirrors won´t allow 3rd-party scripts on their server.

And as I said before , I don´t think it´s good to download all skins together.You got a lot of not so good skins , too .

Last edited:

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
Probably a bit of a hassle to do this, but if you were to package a skin pack with ALL the skins, couldn't you just take all the zips/rars, put them into one folder (still in their packs), and distribute them via BitTorrent? That way not all the bandwidth would be handled by any one server, and none of the skins would be repackaged, really... Though this is really a fine line and I wouldn't do it were I in this position. Just a thought, though.