NOT playing level music?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
Here's a new one on me... and found an OK solution but not perfect, if there's a better suggestion... (this is in UT)

In my level, I do NOT want a background .umx to play, I do have a "song" playing in the level but it's only in a small radius, and works fine. Playing the level is usually fine, but when the voice commands are opened, the UT theme starts playing (the one that's on the main UT screen). Levelinfo has nothing set of course.

My fix for this was to set an alwaysactive trigger and a MusicEvent trigger to play bSilence every second. If someone opens the voice editor, the music will play (and restart to play every second they hold it open) but then stop when the voice commands screen is closed. It works, but it's rather unelegant. Any other suggestions?