1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nostromo SpeedPad N52

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by (GR)Killer, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I just got this yesterday but even in the tutorials i try out it doesn't wanna work, for example i'm using the marco to do put my button name in, then start recording, then im putting in my move forward button+spacebar for jump cuz i'm doing a "moveforward,jump" macro to test this out, then i click stop recording and put it to "repeat macro while key is down" and have it for .30 of a second and click ok and try it and i move forward 1 time and hardly jump, anyone know what i'm doing wrong who has this and knows what to do? i'm not gonna do those 4 in 1, that's a bit too much, and i know some of you guys use it cuz i've heard you guys talking about it and some saying they use it.

ps- i'm not a cheater, just making things easier.

2. Ðetta

Ðetta ºØmníºÐetta

Doesn't a trigger bot or wall hack just make things easier? :p

(sorry can't help ya)

3. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Could be... :eek:

4. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I've officially tried everything possible, i paid 40 bucks for it and got ripped off with a speedpad that's doesn't know how to do a damn marco.

The instructions in the manual to create a macro:

1.) It says type a name for it i did that

2.) It says leftclick start to record keyboard events i did that too :rolleyes:

3.) Wants me to type the macro commands in eg: forward button+jump button OMFG OMFG OMFG I DID THAT THAT ALREADY LIKE OMG!!!!!!!

4.) Now wants me to click the stop recording button WHAT THE HELL!!!!I JUST DID THAT!

5.) Now wants me to click ok and it'll save when i click ok check, and mate.

Now what? oh yeah i load the damn game after i saved it to my damn profile and it damn well loaded and it loaded the damn game and i created my own damn server and i tried to see if the damn controlls damnwell worked like it damnwell should have and it didn't work damnit!!!! i move forward 1 step every 7 seconds or so and i've been working on this damn thing for nearly 5 damn hours to get no damn where and i'm damn well damned pissed off because it damn well doesnt work

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  5. Ðetta

Ðetta ºØmníºÐetta

Double tapping really isn't that hard.... :hmm:

6. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Actually it wasn't but lately the game hasn't let me jump too well, even with dodging at 1.00.

7. Richteralan

Richteralan ºØmníºRadium

yer need a pianist's hand to do that without a glitch..... :eek:

8. [LNS]Jubei

[LNS]Jubei DeMoN HuNTeR

nostromo speedhack in my opinion is lame,if you can do all the moves with the keyboard that's fine with me but if you use something that wasn't intended by the programmers that's cheating as far i'm concerned,it takes skill and dedication to become good at any game,practice and you'll get better and learn dammit instead of being lazy.

9. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Here Here, Jubei! :tup: I agree. I've been using a Nostromo n50 for XMP since September. I have not once thought of being a lame script kiddie and macroing moves(though I've known it's possible). When go up against me in game, you fight ME not some no skill macros.

10. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Hey XMP players i'm XMPs first cheater that you can prove :rolleyes:

11. Harley Davidson

Harley Davidson New Member

:lol: :tup: Some people NEED these advantages.

12. BaRrOw

BaRrOw DA HOOCH!!

I think this is like the fifth "macros = cheating" thread we've had.... not that I disagree.

13. Whacked

Whacked not just a name...

wtf are some of you high?
    You act like you can make a macro that walks you to enemy base, grabs the arti, then does cartwheels home?
    I dont use one of these pads, but I've got a sidewinder with the same recording/macro capabilities....if you think that can be used as any sort of cheat....hack...or even ADVANTAGE...you've been eatin' too many paint chips.
    Really no different that piped binds and such...give the guy a break.
    Killer - I tried this in UT with my sidewinder...its really useless. There really isnt anything you can program in that can be useful/effective in game...
    Besides, you can almost accomplish the same thing using the | command in your binds...which is probably the method the guys who 'ragged' on ya are using. ;)

14. BaRrOw

BaRrOw DA HOOCH!!

Alright, let me give a quick re-cap for those new to the forums who don't understand how these macro arguements go...

There are 2 groups. The first is the macro crowd, who see nothing wrong with using devices or scripts to make the game easier on themselves. The problem here is asking where to draw the line... Is having better perephrials than another player fair? Is a macro that makes you dodge quickly and easily alright? How about using a wall-hack in this game, that is already easy to see enemies in? How about a aim bot to make shooting easier?

The second group, that I fall into, are the bitchy old men that sit on their front proch, yelling at the youngin's walking by, telling them how, back in OUR day, we didn't HAVE jumpjets, and we had to WALK to the enemy node, which was 8 miles away, in 6 feet of snow, up-hill both ways!

Long story short, group one gets defensive, group two starts bitching, and then we all forget about it for a few months until someone else makes a thread like this again.

15. [[Vash]]

[[Vash]] .:Player:.

LMAO. I love the part with the old men and the back in the day ****. That's awesome. Oh and it's really true that for a few months people will forget and then some newbie will come along and start a thread about cheaters, I would know because I did the same thing. :D

16. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I have yet to bind any keys, don't know how it works and didn't really care how it works. I've tried for 7 hours last night trying to figure how to use the macro but unsuccessful at it so i've given up and since you said it's useless i guess it's a good thing i gave up before i started getting physical and throwing stuff everywhere (i do that alot when i'm very pissed) :lol:

ps- you are omni whacked, right?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  17. Whacked

Whacked not just a name...

yah thats me. and don't necessarily take my word for it....I just didn't think the macro stuff had much real purpose. I just can't think of anything you could script that could be useful in game...

18. Ðetta

Ðetta ºØmníºÐetta

And there is the 3rd group, like me, who have no strong feelings about the matter either way.

I know the guy from in game, I was just playing devils advocate & teasing him.

(TBH anything that stops him jumpin’ up and down spamming nades’ has my full approval!) :p

19. BaRrOw

BaRrOw DA HOOCH!!

Bah, jump on one of the band wagons Detta... there's plenty of room!

20. Ðetta

Ðetta ºØmníºÐetta

lol, well seeing as I dont use macro's I am left with little choice. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.