NODE - Moving Over to UE4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
NODE - Neurologically Operated Digital Entity

At this point, it's just me and one other guy working on it, but I felt like posting the old prototype.

It's a puzzle-shooter.

The concept was to minimize the necessity of verbal tutorials and instead make each level a tutorial for a new mechanic introduced to the player, while layering previously added mechanics on top of it to compound the challenge and make things more interesting overall. Color-coded visuals with strong icons are supposed to help the player decipher the otherwise bright and flashy environments.

Stylized heavily after Tron and old VR missions in games like System Shock and even some of Timesplitters, Frozen Synapse, and Darwinia, I wanted to go for a clean and minimalist appearance.

Pacing was one of the major points of discussion during prototyping. We wanted to have a game that didn't throw the story at you while you were shooting or otherwise distracted.

With the UE4 iteration and conversion, I'll be adding more interesting features and attempting to make the puzzles overall more complex and diverse, mechanically speaking. The original idea was dreamt up some time ago and I've had numerous quagmires that prevented me from moving forward with the project. The original team leader left, then things shortly afterward accelerated for some time, but unfortunately, the momentum was lost at some point last year.

I'm starting it up again and have come to the conclusion that it should be as few members as possible, simply because people are generally unreliable. It'll be just myself and a friend working on it unless things change.

Last edited: