No weapons means NO WEAPONS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nexys

Jan 4, 2006
Alright, I've tried playing around with the starting weapons list in splevelinfo, but I still spawn with an assault rifle and shield gun. How do I start with absolutely nothing?

Thanks in advance

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
By default in the code, you start with an assault rifle and shield gun, which has always been the case. The loadout feature in the SPLevelInfo actor is if you want the player to start with additional weapons.

There is an easy code tweak you can do though. If you look in CodeBase/Classes/, you'll find SPPawn.uc - you can rewrite the function that gives you the assault rifle and shield gun to look like this:

Code:
function AddDefaultInventory()
{
	Level.Game.AddGameSpecificInventory(self);

if (inventory != None)
		inventory.OwnerEvent('LoadOut');

Controller.ClientSwitchToBestWeapon();
}

This will still load weapons from SPLevelInfo, but it won't give the player the standard AR/SG loadout.