No more jail escape routes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
That was the most entertaining part of the jails; being able to break yourselves out.

The arena thing is a nice concept, but you shouldn't necessarily have to rely on your ability to kill someone one-on-one.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
FireCrack said:
yeah, where are they?

A map i'm working on will have them (but unfortunetly my mapping talent is rather limited so dont expect it to be great lol) You will need to form a ladder of players to use it

Wiz

The elite cheese master
Mar 22, 2000
Camelot
www.geocities.com
I just got UT2K4 and larning the new editor. but I'm working on something (well mainly an idea right now) and all my maps have a custom escape (its my trade mark :D along with usually elborate death scenes).

tkmaster

Mar 14, 2004
tarquin said:
They are supported by the game.
It's just that none of the bundled maps have any.

Get mapping!
actually i hear some of the maps do have an escape route.. just not all of them

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
The Dopefish said:
The arena thing is a nice concept, but you shouldn't necessarily have to rely on your ability to kill someone one-on-one.

I completely disagree. :p

As far as break outs are concerned, I imagine the need for teammates is going to be negligible. If the escape is based on height, then lone players could easily shield jump out.

Last edited:

Wiz

The elite cheese master
Mar 22, 2000
Camelot
www.geocities.com
spineblaZe said:
I completely disagree. :p

As far as break outs are concerned, I imagine the need for teammates is going to be negligible. If the escape is based on height, then lone players could easily shield jump out.

there other ways aside from hight, 3 ideas I usally do are make the alt release window so small that the person that hits the button usally can't make it to the espace (so one person kinda sacrifces himself for the team). or you take damage opening the area ad escaping (so doing both wll kill you). the last is make it so you need teamwork to provide a distraction or something (one of mine in JBIII was always open but you had to crouch down and go through an area with monsters shooting you, its next to impossable to get by if there isn't someone distracting the monsters. than again you could stand up and run but hitting the sensor net would close the alt escape so you run it for your team)

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
You cant use the shieldgun to get out if the escape requires you to crouch (you cant crouch in midair)

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
I'm preety sure you can crouch in midair, but you could always amke the escape too high to do with a hammerjump.

Or you could make it hammerjump proof by adding a volume with a low terminal velocity.