1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"No Man's Land"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by })FA|Snake, Feb 19, 2004.

1. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Has anyone seen this movie? its a French film about the Bosnian conflict, mostly in subtitles cause all parties involved speak their repective languages. Its about a Bosnian and a Serb who get stuck in the same trench in the middle of no man's land, and the absurdity of the UN actions in Bosnia. Its one of the best movies i've seen.

2. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

It's not really French but directed by a Bosniac who achieved his studies in Belgium. IIRC, the producers are Belgian also for the most part of the money involved.

And we already discussed about that movies in one or two threads in this forum.

Great movie indeed, I was pimping it one or 2 years ago but didn't get much reactions. First you laugh all the movie except in the end... where you get a punch in your face.

3. Infguy98

Infguy98 New Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

it was a good movie indeed , to bad that everybody told me the end before i saw it

5. BobTheFearlessFish

BobTheFearlessFish New Member

was that on tv the other night snake? british TV that is. i saw some ads for it. really wanted to see it and never found out when it was on...

6. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

The movie won an Oscar in 2002 and a Golden Globe in 2001. It shouldn't be that hard to find it. It really worth the price of a renting.

Edit: watch out, there is a dozen of different movies called No Man's Land, be sure to pick the good one. ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  7. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

And if you're interested by the subject, there is a Belgian comic strip who show this war on a similar angle and that may have partly inspired the director of the movie: Sarajevo Tango from Hermann, which was published during the conflict. I heard this comic was also published in english.

8. ninjin

ninjin The Franco-Japanese Carrot

are there any bit-torrents of this movie out there?

9. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Red

Yeah, it was on BBC 4. I knew it was on but still couldn't watch it, God forbid they ever put anything decent on terrestrial TV :rolleyes:

10. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

It was on Showtime or one of the other cable channels the other day

11. Spier

Spier 1

Yeah, I remember looking for the film after it got some award, ended up with this instead. Hard times.

Did find it eventually though. Look for it on ed2k, it's 701.28mb with hardcoded subs.