1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

No Editor For Bulletstorm

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Kantham, Feb 15, 2011.

1. RoadKillGrill

RoadKillGrill Got Lead?

Ya my post is missing now too ;) didn't think it was that bad. Main thing is that the PC version is the worst version.

Negitives
    *It doesn't have the GOW3 beta (360)
    *Non transferable purchases ( Can't pawn it off at Gamestop if I don't want it anymore) (360 + PC)
    *It is the SAME price on all platforms
    *No demo, cant test game
    *No editor

Plus
    *You can play the game with the mouse and keyboard

At the end of the day you need to HOPE that by skipping releasing a demo and not releasing a level editor that the end result is polished. However it still sounds like a $60 gamble. There are too many good games coming out this year I'm planning to buy so this does make my decision allot easier.

2. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Once there was company named EPIC that released a game that amazed with awesomely large outdoor areas.

This game wasn't able to be played on maximum settings for some years by almost all people.

This game was praised for having a great Editor to expand the experience.

Hmmm, that strongly reminds me of some other game that got released 3 years ago. But I don't think it was from EPIC, was it?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  3. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Crysis? ugh.

4. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Yep. It is all a matter of taste, if you like the game and the gameplay. But in the CryTek community (which I am not in, btw, never even visited a Crysis or FarCry forum) you can cry a little for a PC demo and you get it. :)
    And things like an Editor, Versus-Multiplayer and dedicated servers are of course included ... so it is not EA not wanting it. :)

5. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Matter of taste surely, the graphics are freaking excellent but the gameplay was eeeh after a while IMO.
    tbh I'm quite bored with FPS games, at least what I want now is stuff like Bulletstorm, or even better, something Serious Sam-like where you kill tons of enemies. Otherwise I will just stick to the Excessive mods for Unreal.

6. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Anyone here has a Something Awful account? (they are paid hence why I ask)

Might come in handy at some point, they got some really decent coders/programmers/whatnot in there, one of them might be able to crack his way in bulletstorm dot exe and force-unlock the editor. Keep in mind this worked, even with a game like Borderlands.

And if there's skillshots in it...
    Maybe they meant you can't access the skillshot functionality in the editor? I just don't get how it wouldn't work. What you think they are going to do when they release new content? They'll just make a new map with pathnodes and starting points, camera viewing points, then cook it.

7. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

This really stinks :( If it was just a matter of them wanting to polish the game more instead of supporting the editor I completely understand and agree but I hope they plan to release the editor at a later date :(

8. undyinglight

undyinglight New Member

Guess I will support either Homefront or Red Orchestra 2. Doesn't Monday Night Combat also have an editor?

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Homefront does not ship with the editor either.

10. undyinglight

undyinglight New Member

I read in a previous article if the game does decent on PC they will patch in the editor.

11. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

There's a couple more advantages of PC gaming... for instance, unlike Xbox 1s... you don't need to find a used one every time yours dies because they neither sell nor repair them anymore. (Great environment for art, right? >.>)

But Borderlands doesn't appear to be a game you'll be playing for years... by design.

12. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

Brothers in Arms Hells Highway came with the editor as well. And I know of at least one person who got a job making custom levels for Borderlands :p

13. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

Mirrors edge had a hacked editor so did borderlands. Never used either myself.
    To me it just sounds like Epic or more likely EA can't wait to sell you DLC.

UDK is awesome. But unless you're making a game who is ever really going to appreciate a level made with it? No where near many as with a retail game.

No money for you now Epic. I don't do singleplayer.

14. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Probably more EA than Epic

Pretty much what I said earlier
    UT and UT2004 are still being played to this day. Why? Custom maps, they bring new life to an old game. Would either still be played if it was the same old maps over and over? Probably not.
    The Omnip)o(tenst ONS server is still one of the most active and they throw a new map or a new variation on the server every 2-3 months. The even have a guy that rigged a map to change the layout/health of the nodes each round, change which types of vehicles spawn and so on

15. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Garbage. Everyone knows that the editor is built right into the PC game binary. If it's not there, it's because they don't want it there and have disabled it.

You can't keep Unreal code 'a secret' unless it's written entirely into the native code and not in UnrealScript. You can decompile everything. Gameplay code is also more than likely not worth the protection anyway.

16. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

DLC and F2P are pretty much their cash cow these days.

EA's games are getting real close to becoming "I'll wait for the GOTY" as my default purchase decision.

17. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Nah, they used magic to incorporate the skillshot system into the game. You and me cannot do this kind of magic and had to use the editor.

18. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I patiently waited something like a year for Dragon Age to get the Ultimate Edition bundle and fall to a reasonable price. It's an excellent game, but it would have cost me at least six times what I paid had I grabbed all the DLC and the expansion right out of the gate.

19. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

They will add this magic to maps so they have skillshots in the DLC.

20. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

Nah it's not necessarily garbage. Yes they would need to disable the editor... but it doesn't mean that the method of giving credit for skillshots is too awkward for them to not disable it. It might not be as simple as rightclick add jumppad here then reorient it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011